Submitted by puzzy, posted on April 23, 2002

Image Description, by puzzy

Here are some pics about H3D game system.Graphic system is mixed by a Bsp/Pvs/Portal in-door engine and a LOD-Quadtree.Well...It uses polygon soup from 3dsmax to construct solid space, but not from the solid brush editor like Quake and Unreal. The artist can add visibility portal by hand in 3dsmax if he can't understand how to build a good PVS environment. There is a massive multi-player net server behind it. H3D is written by C++/C . Opengl based. The Graphic System of Hardcore3D include:

H3D CULL (Hardcore3D Advanced Visibility Technology)
Elements :
  • dP(Dynamic Portal )
  • uB(Unlimited Bsp )
  • eP(Extact PVS )
  • hQ(Huge Quadtree)
  • iT(Indoor/Terrain Visibility tech)
  • eC(Efficiently Culling ) -
  • aW(Arbitrary World Construction )
  • H3D HPR (Hardcore3D High Performance Rendering Technology)
    Elements :
  • hR(High Performance Rendering Core)
  • hM(Highly Flexible Material Control)
  • hS(Highly Configurable Shader System)
  • H3D MAX WSWG (Hardcore3D MAX What You See What You Got)
    The H3D WSWG provides with a real-time rendered version of 3DSMAX scenes, models, textures and lights. The what-you-see-is-what-you-get elements includes models, shaders, diffuse map, opacity map, reflect map and bump map.

H3D FIGHTING (Hardcore3D Advanced Skeleton Animation & Fighting System)
    The H3D fighting system implements all kinds of real-time fighting. With the implementation of skeletonal animation and hierarchical bounding volume collection detection, a precise judgment of injury can be made.

R. van Wijnen

April 23, 2002, 10:15 AM

This looks absolutely amazing!!!!!

ThomW

April 23, 2002, 10:20 AM

Wow! Nice looking engine!

What are your plans for it?

stefan/dxm

April 23, 2002, 10:22 AM

hums, if you compare the right 2 images... Why is the water where he sits so distorted and not the big one? i mean usually you have more riffles in water outdoors than indoors ;-)

j/k.. nice to see someone doing non-static 2polygons water =) (they plainly suck)

Mikademus

April 23, 2002, 10:34 AM

Absolutely beautiful images! I would've liked them a bit larger, though...

Potato

April 23, 2002, 10:44 AM

Absolutely gorgeous. But why all the pointless acronyms? Why do you need pvs and portals? Could you explain what an "unlimited bsp" is?

houssem_bdioui

April 23, 2002, 10:49 AM

Wow Amazing Mother Fucker !!!
    Oh Ya 9alwati.

=[Scarab]=

April 23, 2002, 10:58 AM

AWESOME. No other word for it. (Except synonyms of awesome. ;)

Mox

April 23, 2002, 11:17 AM

There are some very atmospheric shots there; the use of volumetric lighting is particularly compelling. I like the leafy vegetation, but some of the thicker trunk branches could use some attention. The grass in the landscape shot seems to be well-fertilized - I've never seen such a vibrant hue!

yours,
    Mox.

kroz

April 23, 2002, 11:19 AM

Very impressive - great work, really.
    I really like the forest-scene!

jurgen

April 23, 2002, 11:20 AM

Holy mozes!!!!

The only things that pops up in my head, to busy looking at these beautifull screenshots!

Jurgen

SirLlamalot

April 23, 2002, 11:28 AM

This is incredibly awesome. I am downloading the demo movie right now, but when I started to navigate around your site, I got lost in a sea of japanese (or some other oriental language, I cant tell).

Matthew Morrow

April 23, 2002, 11:56 AM

Holy zombie jesus

Hoyle

April 23, 2002, 11:57 AM

Very beautiful, the demo looked wonderful. I love the vegetation (trees and grass) and the volumetric effects. The only problem seemed to be in the motion of the grass and leaves. Everything seemed to be attached to the same modifier. Have more than one modifier on the vegetation would look better, more natural. But I can't complain, because it looks better than most things out there.

How many people worked on this project? (couldn't read the Chinese parts of the page)

KieranIsOK

April 23, 2002, 12:00 PM

Some nice images there - terrible website though.

Zemedelec

April 23, 2002, 12:43 PM

Looks proffesional!
    Tell us more about visibility determination algorithm you use!
    Exact PVS? Portals? BSPs? Nice words, but how do you mix them?

Not

April 23, 2002, 12:48 PM

cool stuff
    hey i don't want to be picky, but it says 'screeshots' instead of 'screenshots' on your page ;)

DxAvatar

April 23, 2002, 12:49 PM

... (no voice) ...

DAL9000

April 23, 2002, 01:07 PM

Wow so many fancy buzzwords it must be good!

lycium

April 23, 2002, 01:13 PM

this is the first time since quake3 that hardware accelerated graphics have impressed me. awesome work.

cgk

April 23, 2002, 01:16 PM

apart from your technology names/acronyms, which are somewhat ridiculous, it seems quite nice. good work (probably).

James Matthews

April 23, 2002, 01:23 PM

wTLRA (Wow, that looks really amazing!)
    oSALSCWRITD (Oriental settings always look so cool when rendered in 3D!)

...nah, but seriously. That looks fantastic, the screenshots look great. I'm downloading the demo movie now, although a tip - don't make movies *.exe. Makes ppl nervous (well, it does me)...I'd much prefer to download an MPG movie or something similar.

Must admit, the acronyms are a little over-the-top though.

Wow, just finished downloading the movie. This looks even better in motion! The swaying grass sometimes looked a bit fake, moving in clumps, but the trees look fantastic.

Well done.

James.

Mike W

April 23, 2002, 01:23 PM

Beautiful. Could you tell us fps/hardware specs?

MC BAXTON

April 23, 2002, 01:31 PM

I would say ... THIS:

Pretty hoRRibly iMpreSSiVe sTuph;p
    It looks even better than my mothers mothers mothers sisters iotd ..

You have a good artist .. nothing more ;p

MC BAXTON

April 23, 2002, 01:34 PM

And also : I will NEVER install chinese fonts.
    ;p

richard

April 23, 2002, 01:48 PM

Cool, that's the best volumetric rendered pink elephant I've ever seen!

... <no words left>

than

April 23, 2002, 01:49 PM

looks fantastic. Seeing projects like this makes me feel bad because my technology is so simple (but I built a fun game on top of it already so I don't care :)

Just checked out the video and it's extremely impressive. Good luck with whatever you intend to do with your technology. I'm sure it was a lot of hard work and I hope it all pays off.

danthalas

April 23, 2002, 01:52 PM

(8-O

Hoyle

April 23, 2002, 02:14 PM

rLYJ (really liked your joke!)

Brett Johnson

April 23, 2002, 02:16 PM

MC BAXTON,
    I am just curious as to what you are attempting to accomplish by insulting every IOTD? If you are looking to piss off everyone on Flipcode, I think that you accomplished your goal a long, long time ago.

I honestly and very sincerely hope that this isn't just a way for you to get some attention in your life.

I think all of us would be very intersted to hear ANYTHING constructive you had to say, or to hear a comment that has something to do with the whole point of Flipcode to begin with?

I guess the main question I have is...

Have you ever written a line of code in your life? And if not, why are you even here?

My only guess is that you are a fan of games, and really want to just interact with the developers. But what I really don't understand is what you are attempting to accomplish by insulting everyone here.

I hope that in the future, you may come to your senses, and decide to actually leverage the wealth of knowledge on this site and learn something, instead of using it as a flaming grounds to fuel your lack of self esteem.

Cheers,

B.

[-WD40-]

April 23, 2002, 02:31 PM

Amazing! Get yours now and we'll add 2...yes TWO...rolls of toilet paper

First Previous ( To view more messages, select a page: 0 1 2 3 ... out of 3) Next Last