Submitted by Louis-Charles Dumais, posted on March 09, 2002

Image Description, by Louis-Charles Dumais

I feeled artistic... its 2:00 am in Quebec and the sky is dark.

and the direct link to the file is

Have I say there is more to come?
louis

Genu

March 10, 2002, 02:08 PM

"- cannot use tab in the content window "

Is there someone who knows how to overload the tab-key in an edit box using MFC?

louis

Neil Edelman

March 10, 2002, 03:21 PM

I see no reason to use English variable names if that isn't your best language. It's more important that the variables are something that make sense. Unless you're coding with English people who can't tell WTH you're doing, of course.

Cybersled

March 10, 2002, 03:37 PM

It looks a bit like the Dutch "Zwarte Piet", but it looks more like the German "Strewelpeter" ;)

hlusnagen

March 10, 2002, 04:11 PM

sam seby abarsral, da?

Genu

March 10, 2002, 04:46 PM

I agree... I code the way I write.

CGameProgrammer

March 11, 2002, 02:33 AM

What am I looking at? A 3D interpretation of the objects in a C++ project? I've never heard of Genu before.

BTW, Visual C++ does not allow extended characters like ä. I tried "int vär = 3" and it gave an unknown character error.

Gasbag

March 11, 2002, 03:09 AM

For a good look at a 'zwarte piet': http://www.xs4all.nl/~almekind/sint/images/piet.gif

Story: zwarte piet is the helping hand of a good old man that (just like santa) brings prensents to children.

On a white horse with black spots (his 'schimmel') He's over 300 jears old and he arrives in Holland on a steam-boat and rides the roofs with his horse and throws candy down the shimney's. (AND ALL CHILDREN BELEIVE THIS) They put their shoes in front of the fireplce/backdoor and in the morning, miraclously, there's the candy! If you're bad, you don't get candy but get spanked by 'zwarte piet's 'roe', some branches. And then you go into the sack of 'piet' and they take you back to spain (where they come from) and they turn you into soap. OK that's it!

Sorry for the enormously OFF TOPIC message :-)

Twig

March 11, 2002, 04:50 AM

I always wondered what santa did when it wasn't christmas...

Daxx909

March 11, 2002, 05:13 AM

Those who are able to get back issues of Computer Arts; it had a free Poser 3 package on the coverdisk. Now that's a cool program!

richard

March 11, 2002, 05:46 AM

Wasn't that only with the UK version?

Daxx909

March 11, 2002, 07:27 AM

Well, I live in the Netherlands, and I've got it! And I'm happy! Free! Legal! :-)

Genu

March 11, 2002, 09:02 AM

"What am I looking at?"

Genu is an interface to C++. It brings to the user:

-Intuitive approach to programmation with the analogy of C++ and tree.

-Interface for managing complex projects and instant recognition of important part of the program

For more informations, go to the website www.gel.ulaval.ca/~dumais01/genu (I'm hoping to server will be up soon)

richard

March 11, 2002, 09:39 AM

Dan heb je dus de Engelse versie :)

Buster

March 11, 2002, 10:22 AM

wtf is that? It looks like Edward Scissorhands at graduation.

Octopussy

March 11, 2002, 11:22 AM

I can't resist :-) the correct sentence is :

Les français aussi doivent utiliser l'anglais pour les variables dans un programme C++. Qu'en penses-tu ?

Alexis.

Genu

March 11, 2002, 12:50 PM

Neo art in all its glory?