Submitted by Hartskeerl, posted on January 05, 2002

Image Description, by Hartskeerl

This image is a screenshot of my Cell Texture Generator. It's a very simple program, you can download it (binary with souce) from http://www.tfhweb.nl/cellgen.htm.

It is very unoptimised but it works, and I like the results. For more information, check out the 'Making Cellular Textures' article at www.GameDev.net.

Dan Royer

January 07, 2002, 03:27 AM

No you 'tard, he keeps saying "i'll always love you my girl"

krogoth

January 07, 2002, 04:09 AM

It looks great - I like the effects on the right. If you played with those, you could make a lot omre than cellular textures.

z66831

January 07, 2002, 04:12 AM

Or use voxels... :)

-z

Mathieu 'POĻ' HENRI

January 07, 2002, 04:47 AM

has any one already used such a technique to make path finding ?
I tried *lazyly* few months ago and would like to see something like that working

Spansh

January 07, 2002, 05:09 AM

Nice hart and all, but I do have one complaint.

I hate to say it but it's generally quite bad etiquette to have a signature longer than your main text. I sincerely hope this isn't the start of the same trend I see on lots of other boards where people include huge images in their signatures.

davepermen

January 07, 2002, 10:56 AM

my signature is not long, just a big pic;) and if you would know me you would know that normally my posts (replies) are longer than my sign, sometimes much longer..

an example:
rastericer troubles.. by me..

most the time i try to help people with answers and most the time they get terribly long and then nick comes and tells the same stuff in about 1/10th the words much bether;)

anyways, yeah, its not nice to have such a huge sign, and yeah, i'm a bad boy having a huge heart showing how much i love my girl.. i hope its not the start of a never ending story, yes, but if so.. well.. oki.. then we can block pics in the signs at all.. there aren't much out there that have pics in the signs anyways till now so they will fast find a way back..

oh, and btw, i'm running at 640x480 and for me the sign is not too big.. so if anyone running with 1280x960 want's to tell me its too big, i can only smile;)

have a nice time..

>>For the last time: I'M NOT YOUR GIRL. - Dan Royer

hm, did i said you are? no.. i know you're not my girl because she is not named like you.. tell me how i sayd you're my girl? you're not.. not even a girl at all i guess (dan? daniel? oki.. possibly danielle or daniela, i dunno)

anyways, have a nice time (and i hope this whas long enough;))

Punchey

January 07, 2002, 11:23 AM

Well, I can definitely see where there could be some confusion. I mean, when you say, "...*you* my girl" (emphasis added), "you" means me. I mean, when someone says "you", that usually indicates ME. Anyway, that's not the real issue at hand. The real issue at hand is, who's it gonna be? Me or Dan? And, Dan, why would you think YOU were his girl when he obviously meant ME since he said "you"? Never mind the fact that neither you nor I are females. :-)

Here's the deal: we'll drop the gripes of pics in your sig if you'll put an actual pic of your "girl" in your sig. I mean, this is a forum for game programmers so I'd like proof that one of us actually knows a female personally! :-)