Submitted by Nicola Candussi, posted on December 19, 2001

Image Description, by Nicola Candussi

This my first IOD post. Beside being a fouder of FluidGames, my main ( and of course, loved) job is working on 3D engines. The above are some screenshots of The Rage, our first 3D game. It takes the playability of old style beat 'em ups like Final Fight, Strees of Rages and Double Dragon adding a lot of moves and the 3D graphics allowed by the new hardware. The main features of the engine are:
  • written on D3D
  • vertex skinning
  • animation blending ( for mixing the moves)
  • camera spline intepolation
  • particle system ( for explosions, water drops, blood)
  • chroma mapping
  • billboarding
  • A playable demo including two levels is available at
    www.fluidgames.net/games/therage/download.html

Best Regards,

Nicola Candussi
    FluidGames

michael

December 20, 2001, 10:01 AM

hehe :)

DirtyPunk

December 20, 2001, 12:03 PM

We don't sit well with commies around here.

YvonnaFlipShirt

December 20, 2001, 12:39 PM

"It" is the object, not the subject, dildohead. :)

YvonnaFlipShirt

December 20, 2001, 12:41 PM

Your mom.

Arne Rosenfeldt

December 20, 2001, 01:00 PM

I wonder who knows a MCGA-font

Countach

December 20, 2001, 01:37 PM

I guess he means the VGA/MCGA mode 13 font.

Cool game by the way. Brings back the days of Double Dragon 2 on the NES. Speaking of which, are there any grapple moves? I remember fondly how you could grab an enemy by the hair and work them with your elbow with DD2. :)

=[Scarab]=

December 20, 2001, 01:46 PM

Oprah Winfrey is the Devil
    Do you really have to most of your posts with that subject? It's clogging the "Latest 100 Messages/Threads" list. :)

Vince

December 20, 2001, 02:37 PM

I've just tried the demo and have noticed 2 things : the police is awful, and its very hard to play (moving in a direction is not instinctive) otherwise the game is very kewl : there are a lot of items (i liked the bazooka :p) and the graphics are nice :)

Tam

December 20, 2001, 03:18 PM

Ahaha! This game is sooo fun! Nice job, nice job!

Punchey

December 20, 2001, 04:17 PM

Oh, wait, you're probably right.

Punchey

December 20, 2001, 04:37 PM

Okay, okay. I stand corrected. English never was my favorite subject. So in this case... ahh screw it! Let's just all speak Esperanto and have done with it! :-)

El Wolf

December 20, 2001, 04:46 PM

Hahahaha...
    Yeah, commies suck.

Punchey

December 20, 2001, 04:57 PM

GeForce 2 is better than a Voodoo 1 - that's for darn shure! So it makes more sense for someone to keep a Voodoo 1 (since you say GeForce 2s are bad) and yet still buy the newest games that come out and expect them to run well? Come on!

Punchey

December 20, 2001, 04:59 PM

Also, you missed the point. My post is meant in support of the IOTD poster. And it was only aimed against people who advise against using any graphics that cannot perform well on the bottom-of-the-barrel hardware.

treething

December 20, 2001, 07:20 PM

The game is cool, its about time someone made a decent 3d beat-em up! But there is a very annoying bug on my machine. Big colourful polygons keep appearing and blocking most of the view. I've no idea where they come from, or why, they dont seem to be related to the scene geometry. Other than that it looks great.:)

My specs..

Athlon 700, 128Mb RAM, Win98, DX8.0, GeForce3

Parashar Krishnamachari

December 20, 2001, 10:25 PM

Yeah... whaddo they no? There problem is that they get all khaki when they cn do some 3d renting... I mean... rendering.

Wait'll you guys see MY next IOTD. I rendered it on a chalkboard.

genitor

December 21, 2001, 01:16 AM

Hey,

This is definitely one of the funnest games I've played in a while. I'll definitely check out your website from time to time to check on updates.

Keep up the great work!

StiNKy

December 21, 2001, 03:01 AM

Also Lisa is Cammy from Street Fighter 2 Turbo (or some of the alphas :P). cannon DRILL!

Dan Brown

December 21, 2001, 03:29 AM

I have the same problem, plus flickering lights on the menu screen. And when I blew up the car near the start of the first level, it hung my (Win98) machine. I haven't updated my drivers for a while though so I'll try that next. My guess is that those polys are some environmental effect to go with the rain.

Dan
    (Duron 700, 320Mb RAM, Win98, DX8.0, GeForce2MX)

=[Scarab]=

December 21, 2001, 06:04 AM

MAN this game is good! The AI rocks, the characters rock, and it looks very very polished. It's great how the game goes slow-mo when you finish off a boss.
    I expecially like to play Lisa for her big brea... kicking moves. :P

Harold W.

December 21, 2001, 02:49 PM

The game looks great on my p3 850 / GF2 Pro, but it keeps crashing on the first level. The camera is annyoying and can you amke it so you can use other keys excapts letter keys? Great job.

First Previous ( To view more messages, select a page: 0 1 2 ... out of 2) Next Last