Submitted by Nicola Candussi, posted on December 19, 2001

Image Description, by Nicola Candussi

This my first IOD post. Beside being a fouder of FluidGames, my main ( and of course, loved) job is working on 3D engines. The above are some screenshots of The Rage, our first 3D game. It takes the playability of old style beat 'em ups like Final Fight, Strees of Rages and Double Dragon adding a lot of moves and the 3D graphics allowed by the new hardware. The main features of the engine are:
  • written on D3D
  • vertex skinning
  • animation blending ( for mixing the moves)
  • camera spline intepolation
  • particle system ( for explosions, water drops, blood)
  • chroma mapping
  • billboarding
  • A playable demo including two levels is available at
    www.fluidgames.net/games/therage/download.html

Best Regards,

Nicola Candussi
    FluidGames

Flawless

December 19, 2001, 03:20 PM

Oh... I always thought it was the other way 'round!

sketcher

December 19, 2001, 03:21 PM

When did this become flipgrammer instead of flipcode ?

michael

December 19, 2001, 03:34 PM

haha

Nate Miller

December 19, 2001, 03:34 PM

I liked the game demo a lot. It was nice that I didn't have to run an installer to play it, just unpack and play. I wish more people would release demos this way. The game is a little dark in some places, I don't know if it was my machine or not. Also, it is hard to aim the projectile weapons like the rocket launcher and the gun. This is probably because I was playing on a keyboard and not a gamepad. Nice work!

michael

December 19, 2001, 03:36 PM

Actually, "it" is an object.
    "I" (which is omitted) is the actual subject.

Louis Howe

December 19, 2001, 03:52 PM

Sorry, but I couldn't resist.

"It" is not the subject of that sentence - it's the object. The sentence has no subject. The assumed subject of the sentence is "I". The assumed subject is downloading "it", the direct object.

richard

December 19, 2001, 03:52 PM

I've just played this game with a gamepad (Sidewinder) and it simply rocks!

But the camera could've been done better IMHO..
    And the girl model looks a bit weird :)

Other than that I think it's a great game!

Louis Howe

December 19, 2001, 03:53 PM

It helps if I read all the replies.

michael

December 19, 2001, 03:57 PM

:D

NEGA

December 19, 2001, 03:57 PM

Ha, I like your game alot, ironically i was playing your older demo just a day ago to test my system, it seems that there is something wrong with my system, poly's flicker in and out textures keep dissappearing(only on DX games), its pissing me off, cuz I cant enjoy your demo just like i couldn't play Kurt's a while back. But it looks good :) Damn Windows!!!

Warren Marshall

December 19, 2001, 04:09 PM

Cool! I've played many version of this game in the past and I can't wait to try out the latest stuff. :) This game kicks ass.

=[Scarab]=

December 19, 2001, 04:26 PM

The correct way to say "people that" is "people who".

English is my second language as well, and I DO know that grammar rule. I guess I made a mistake because I was in a hurry. :)

What I'm saying is that DirtyPunk was just having some fun.

Well it didn't 'sound' that way to me. But that could be my misinterpretation of course.

Hiro Protagonist

December 19, 2001, 04:34 PM

"What looks great? And who is downloading what now?"

What you say is that sentence like yours can start with a conjunction like and. You are ded wrong. Plees if you know English second, no need to point out grammatikal misteaks by other posters please.

elikez

December 19, 2001, 04:51 PM

Yeah... I tried it on my Apple 1 machine too, and it really sucks. Won't even load. By the way, should I use a Dos boot-disk when loading it?

dreeze

December 19, 2001, 05:05 PM

I loved final fight and this game is better, can't wait to play the whole thing...

pyromatic

December 19, 2001, 05:26 PM

Technically in English, we are supposed to use a form of "who" as the relative pronoun when referring to a person. But since we are native speakers, your advice is unwelcome :p

FireFoX

December 19, 2001, 05:39 PM

This looks extremely good!

It's a shame that people start whining about language when about 60% of the flipcode visitors aren't a native english speakers.

Keep up the good work!

Dr.Mosh

December 19, 2001, 05:50 PM

Hey, I remember playing a version of this game a while back.
    I love games like this, and this is just the addition I was looking for in that IOTD a few days ago :)
    Nice work!

Johan Öfverstedt

December 19, 2001, 05:57 PM

Great game!

Worked nice on my p3550 256ram geforce

Nice moves, characters, physics and everything else.

Nice work.

Good luck!

ChopChopMasterOnion

December 19, 2001, 06:31 PM

The fact that an IOTD of a similar variety was posted recently didn't spark you to submit pictures of your game did it?

Looks nice though, downloaded the demo if it a while back, and my friend and I had a blast fightin' through it together...

YvonnaFlipShirt

December 19, 2001, 06:43 PM

Maybe you should be less mean.

Geforce 2s no good. Geforce 3s cost more than your mum.

Get soapy.

EGreg

December 20, 2001, 12:34 AM

I like it quite a bit for an indy game! Are you coming out with it?

-Greg

TrapZZ

December 20, 2001, 02:17 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StiNKy

December 20, 2001, 02:32 AM

WWWWWWWHOOOOAAHHHHHHHH! that game rules once it actually works. its a complete rip of Die Hard Arcade but its still sweeeet fun. Very anoying camera angles though sometimes and some lighting problems but otherwise very good!
    Oh and the 2nd boss is a complete rip of Guile from Street Fighter

Nik - Fluidgames

December 20, 2001, 04:54 AM

Thanks to all for the attention given to my post;

To ChopChopMasterOnion: yeah, your are right, I saw on the post that there were people wondering why there aren't fighting games like this.

To EGreg: The Rage is distributed by Midas Interactive on Europe and Australia.We are still looking for a publisher for the other territories.

Best Regards

Nicola Candussi

=[Scarab]=

December 20, 2001, 06:16 AM

How many frigging posts does it take to dissect two sentences of 5 words in total?! ROFL :P

Kasper Fauerby

December 20, 2001, 07:02 AM

Great demo, very complete and actually fun to play :)

I have one complaint though - the graphics are really great EXCEPT for the font which quite frankly STINKS ;) It's a shame because you have these really cool menues and nice 3d graphics - and then the big, bold font which looks like an MCGA font scaled up ;) I would prefer a more simple (and smaller) font.

Keep up the good work,

- Telemachos

Acidtil

December 20, 2001, 08:54 AM

Hey don't laugh :)

I'm stuck with this stupid card at work... I only wanted to report that the game doesn't work on such a card !!!

Pierre Terdiman

December 20, 2001, 09:29 AM

Excellent.
    More polished than a lot of "real" games out there.

Adam Wimsatt

December 20, 2001, 09:41 AM

Yeah! Dem dere foriegner's non-spekin' englich fols! I'm an Omericon and I spek profekt englich.

First Previous ( To view more messages, select a page: 0 1 2 ... out of 2) Next Last