Submitted by Nicola Candussi, posted on December 19, 2001

Image Description, by Nicola Candussi

This my first IOD post. Beside being a fouder of FluidGames, my main ( and of course, loved) job is working on 3D engines. The above are some screenshots of The Rage, our first 3D game. It takes the playability of old style beat 'em ups like Final Fight, Strees of Rages and Double Dragon adding a lot of moves and the 3D graphics allowed by the new hardware. The main features of the engine are:
  • written on D3D
  • vertex skinning
  • animation blending ( for mixing the moves)
  • camera spline intepolation
  • particle system ( for explosions, water drops, blood)
  • chroma mapping
  • billboarding
  • A playable demo including two levels is available at
    www.fluidgames.net/games/therage/download.html

Best Regards,

Nicola Candussi
    FluidGames

Politik

December 19, 2001, 11:11 AM

Looks great, but I cant use the link :(

DirtyPunk

December 19, 2001, 11:38 AM

Looks great, it reminds me of adventure game graphics for some reason.

U GRAMMARIZIN': BAD!

=[Scarab]=

December 19, 2001, 12:15 PM

If you went to the site, you'd see it is Italian. Considering that, his English is not too bad. You should have more respect for people that speak English as a second language.

YvonnaFlipShirt

December 19, 2001, 12:15 PM

No relation to Fluid Studios?

It doesn't look like it'll be able to feign playability on my Voodoo, which probably means its time for me to shell out for a GeForce 3.

=[Scarab]=

December 19, 2001, 12:17 PM

Looks great! Downloading it now. :)

Acidtil

December 19, 2001, 12:30 PM

Tried it on an ATI rage 128 Xpert 2000 and the graphics looks REALLY bad... I can't even see the menu options... No text is displayed.

Oh well ! I'm going to have to look at the screen shots :)

YvonnaFlipShirt

December 19, 2001, 12:33 PM

English is my second language. The correct way to say "people that" is "people who".

U GRAMMARIZIN': AWFUL!

What I'm saying is that DirtyPunk was just having some fun. Notice that he started his reply off with a compliment.

TheRain

December 19, 2001, 12:37 PM

I tried it on my P200 with my Cirrus Logic video card and it didn't look good at all!! :) just kidding. I tried your demo when the game was in it's early stages (might have even been a year or more ago I think) and I liked it alot then. Looks like it has become very complete.

YvonnaFlipShirt

December 19, 2001, 12:39 PM

Your sentences each lack a subject. What looks great? And who is downloading what now? Please, English is my second language, and I don't understand.

Punchey

December 19, 2001, 12:51 PM

Yeah, like Twinsen's Odessey or something.

ghost007

December 19, 2001, 12:54 PM

hehe, I remember seeing the alpha/beta version of this puppy (back in the day when 3dfiles was up). The truck boss who belches at you is damn funny! Nice engine btw =)

Punchey

December 19, 2001, 12:55 PM

Is it just me or doesn't the phrase:
    U GRAMMARIZIN': BAD!
    actually translate to:
    "your grammar is not bad!" (or contracted: "...isn't bad!")
    ?

michael

December 19, 2001, 12:56 PM

grammarizin'->grammarizing, I guess

michael

December 19, 2001, 12:56 PM

"people that" is AFAIK correct, since "that" can replace both "who" and "which"

michael

December 19, 2001, 01:05 PM

"Looks great! Downloading it now. :)"
    =>
    "Your sentences each lack a subject."

Hmm...
    if you have a closer look at the first sentence, you'll notice that the verb("looks")'s form is present, active and _3rd person_ (easy to see because it ends onto -s). So, there are three possibilities:

"He looks great"
    "She looks great"
    "It looks great"

Now, let's have a look at the context: He posted his post in the IOTD forum, so probably (since he didn't reply to a post) it is related to the IOTD.

"He/she looks great" - I don't think he talked about guys or girls (->context)
    "It looks great" - of course he was talking about the IOTD!!!

The second sentence
    "Downloading it now."

A quote from the IOTD text
    "A playable demo including two levels is available at
    www.fluidgames.net/games/therage/download.html"

Since the first sentence is related to the IOTD (as we noticed before), we can assume that "it" is also related to the IOTD. Now, "it" also has to be something downloadable, it's quite obvious that he's talking about the playable demo, I think.

Hope that makes sense,
    Michael

BTW why didn't you tell him to put a sentence before and after his ":", and to open the paretheses before closing 'em ")" :)

drZool

December 19, 2001, 01:24 PM

Great game! worked smoothly on my p4 1.7ghz with geforce 3 ;)
    The light on the startscreens flickers, don't think it mean to be that way.
    The rain is very repeated.
    Oh and Lisas breasts :) quite sloppy don't you think?
    There at lots of combinations, niiiice!

It's my first post by the way. I have been reading IOTD for a number of months now, it's very interesting. I'm a programmer and designer (yes it can be combined !!!), I have looked at c++ a couple of times, read a few beginnertutorials, managed to code some junk but never really gotten in to it yet. I'm mainly coding Lingo right now. Yeah I know it's only toystuff, but I'm making a livin' of it :) My latest acomplishment is an online drawingapp www.designkikkeli.com/diary/

thec

December 19, 2001, 01:25 PM

Go see Dose2 demo by Mfc ... about italians grammar :-)

Note, the demo is just a big joke, do not take it seriously (as stated in the .nfo-file)

thec

bigcheese

December 19, 2001, 01:38 PM

mfx! mfc sounds so.. microsoft :)

richard

December 19, 2001, 01:41 PM

What's wrong with Oprah Winfrey?

Vince

December 19, 2001, 01:51 PM

The screenshots look really impressive; im gonna download the demo to see how it runs on my PIII 500 TNT2.
    Anyway, Keep up the good work !

YvonnaFlipShirt

December 19, 2001, 01:54 PM

It's just you.

YvonnaFlipShirt

December 19, 2001, 01:56 PM

Can't you read?
    She's the devil.

YvonnaFlipShirt

December 19, 2001, 01:56 PM

Can't you read?
    She's the devil.

YvonnaFlipShirt

December 19, 2001, 01:59 PM

If you want to get technical, sure. But I was making a joke, in case you didn't notice.

Punchey

December 19, 2001, 02:03 PM

I downloaded it and tried to run it on my 486 DX2-66 with my new, shiny Trident 2MB video card and the graphics looked aweful! What kind of programmer are you? You suck! Don't you realize that you can't expect everyone to have a GeForce?

Seriously, I hate it when people say that you need to write your program for Voodoo1's because it's unreasonable to expect more than that. PLEASE! You can buy a GF2 for around $50! If they can't afford that, then they probably can't afford your game either!

Punchey

December 19, 2001, 02:06 PM

Actually, I think she's just a minion of Satan rather than Satan himself. That's if you want to get technical.

Buster

December 19, 2001, 02:09 PM

I like it! I wish the camera was a little more dynamic, but overall it's really fun!

Punchey

December 19, 2001, 02:13 PM

Actually, technically, the second sentence DOES have a subject.
    "Downloading it now."
    "Downloading" is the verb telling us what is being done.
    "now" is an adverb telling us the method of the "downloading".
    And now we come to the contraversially present subject of the sentence which is also a pronoun: "it"
    "it" is, indeed, the subject of this sentence. English grammatical rules do not stipulate that pronouns must have qualifiers present in the same sentence with the pronoun itself. Therefore, "it" is a perfectly acceptable subject of a sentence.

Das Wolf

December 19, 2001, 02:18 PM

Guud vork! luuks laike State Of Emergency (PS2)

Mi nozpeka di inglesi

Garett Bass

December 19, 2001, 03:16 PM

Wow, what fun! plays great here at work on my lame nVidia Vanta with WinXP default drivers :)

First Previous ( To view more messages, select a page: 0 1 2 ... out of 2) Next Last