Submitted by Dyna Mite, posted on November 15, 2001

Image Description, by Dyna Mite

So many Dark and Serious pics.. all very well. But every so often we want something Bright, Bubbly and Fun. Like this.. my Dynamite Game. A freely downloadable Bomberman game for the PC (Windows / Dos versions) using the excellent Allegro Library (v3.9.39).

640 x 480 x 256 colour classic gaming fun.. 20 different powerups, random maze maps, 4 players on one machine with upto 4 monsters as well..

For classic four player huddles around a keyboard and excellent multiplayer fun.. what more do you need?

Freely downloadable as long as you give me some feedback - this is a feedbare production!

kewldude

November 16, 2001, 11:37 AM

Do like me, and ban christmas gifts.

Brebion flavien

November 16, 2001, 11:37 AM

I would suggest that you guys check XBlast (a very well known Linux bomberman clone) at:

It has hundred of levels, nice graphics, tons of powerups, LAN and Internet play, etc.. Only thing missing: there is no solo mode.

F. Brebion

Dyna Mite

November 16, 2001, 12:41 PM

One reason I made Dynamite was because I didn't like Atomic Bomberman!

Considering it's the only commercial bomberman game for the PC I think the graphics, and gameplay are sorely lacking for a commercial title.

I think some PD/Shareware gzmes have more to offer than Atomic Bomberman in some areas..

Still it's just my opinion.. What do other people think?

Richard.

Morlith

November 16, 2001, 04:49 PM

Atomic Bomberman is quite cool even though the graphics and such are not up to date. The gameplay rules!

MadButch

November 17, 2001, 07:25 PM

Screenshots look nice! Can't download it tho ;)

Is it 4 players on the keyboard?
I'm working on a bomberman clone myself, and hardware problems prevent even 2 players from a normal keyboard game!

try holding some keys down at the same time on your keyboard, after 5 or 6 keys, the new keys you press won't be recognized!

And this is on almost all the new keyboards... I'm using a pretty expensive MS Natural Keyboard Pro... If I hold down A S and D, and press and hold K, the K won't appear!
Nothing you can do about it!

Dyna Mite

November 18, 2001, 04:51 AM

Sorry you can't download it.. some people have no problems and others like you can't get the download page to work. This is a Tripod Problem.

It can use up to 4 players on the keys.. Try not putting all the keys that can be pressed on one line of the keyboard like a, s, d, and k (which are all on the second line). See if that helps, as it seems to work for me.

If you really want the game. E-mail me at Dynamite_feedback@hotmail.com and I'll mail you it as an attachment.

Cheers, Richard.