This is a game I've been developing for the past few months that is nearly
complete. It's my first go at a "real" game and the first time I've used
openGL. I'm hoping to complete it soon and move onto a new project or get a
job, whichever comes first.
I started out using NeHe's basecode to get up and running, then switched to
GLUT and openAL for cross-platform compatibility, then finally switched to
SDL which has been very nice. I let openGL do all the drawing and SDL
handle all the other stuff (keyboard input, timer events, sound, etc.).
The game was written in C using Microsoft's Visual Studio 6.0.
The beta is available at:
I'd be curious to learn how fast it runs on various machines.