Submitted by Pet, posted on August 23, 2001

Image Description, by Pet

This is a screenshot of a small screen saver I wrote in the past to test my particle system. I just want to make it available to other... maybe some will like it :).

Each particle, like usual, have it's own life time, speed, direction. The particle system is just a small part of a 3D engine I'm working on. Onother feature used in this screen saver is camera key frame animation. The rest... just ordinary 3D.

You can download the screensaver from here.

Pet

Ucciderlo

August 24, 2001, 02:51 PM

Holier than thou morons like me? Well, gosh, you showed me I guess. I was merely pointing out that Hiro Protagonist's comments seemed rather caustic and the complaints were about mundane details that no one really cares about. As far as the "Holier Than Thou Moron" statement. In no way did I make references to my abilities being better, or my ideas being more correct than others. I was merely defending someone who, in the description of the IOTD already gave indications that the program was not the best thing you've ever seen. He didn't deserve three separate posts on how much he sucks. That's all. And, it appears that you are acting holier than thou. Read your reply and tell me if that doesn't sound a little pompous.

Ucciderlo

August 24, 2001, 02:59 PM

It's funny how loose people are with the word "idiot" or "moron". Those types of remarks come out when you have nothing of intelligence to offer the rest of us. I thought your post this time was nice and a very good change from what you posted before. Still constructive, but not bitter. It's the end part that makes me chuckle. You seem like the type of person that can't let one sentence out without saying something rash. If someone speaking their mind is always an idiot, then we are all idiots. It takes much more intelligence to criticise someone in a manner that is non-offensive, regardless of whether this criticism is negative or positive. Making rash comments, or just blurting out whatever your hidden stigma is projecting, is rather easy and takes no thought at all. Think about these things before you make yourself look stupid.

Hiro Protagonist

August 24, 2001, 06:37 PM

Thank you. You presented my case against you very well. It is indeed those very qualities about YOU that prompted me to call you a chivalrous idiot. Without any research, nor having ever read any of my previous posts (of which there are 146), you decided to read into my written text, some sort of hidden bitterness which was never present. Yes you are an idiot. Fortunately you meant well. You have posted to this board a whopping 7 times, 2 of which were negatively directed towards me. I don't post on this board to have newbies bitterly attack my constructive criticism. Find a different hobby or another target of your ignorant cynicism. Also, if you are going to try to read the minds of every single person who posts to this forum, you should read up on emoticons, they are very helpful in determining when someone is serious, or just having some light-hearted fun at your expense. For example, take this sentence:

"So, I just wanted to straighten that out so I don't wake up anymore chivalrous idiots, or Don Quixotes or whatever you want to call them ;)"

Notice the little smiley face on the end? That means it was in jest.

Respectfully,

Hiro

Hiro Protagonist

August 24, 2001, 06:42 PM

In actuality it is usually resistor-capacitors that begin leaking due to heating/cooling stress.

Ucciderlo

August 24, 2001, 08:15 PM

A newbie huh? That gave the guys and I a good chuckle around the office. Maybe you should do some research yourself before you call me an idiot, or a newbie. What were you doing 8 years ago? I was in the game industry, and still am. Hardly a newbie. When I read lame comments directed toward people that are just starting out, it pisses me off. And, I did go through and read all of your posts. Yes, ALL of them. My conclusion is that you are an arrogant person that has fun showing people how smart you are. With all the posts that you have provided, I'm still waiting for you to put something on this site that has real value. Perhaps a beautiful new 3D engine with all the latest technologies, as you profess to have every ability to create. Or maybe it would be nice to see an article that offers anything useful to the aspiring programmer. Yes, I have only posted 8 times, but that's because I just signed up here. Unlike you, who seems to only have a place in the IOTD comment forum, I intend to write articles, upload source code, and answer questions. So, yes, I am a newbie to this site, but I wouldn't brag about the number of times you have posted, as it only shows that you know how to sound smart. Why don't you impress us with something that you have done. I can't wait...

That's all.

Hiro Protagonist

August 24, 2001, 08:29 PM

Jesus you're tenacious. First off, yes you are a newbie TO THIS FORUM, and nothing else was ever implied. I have no idea what your skill set is or how well tuned. Second, I have posted articles but I had to take them off because of NDA issues. Eight years ago I was in the Gulf War if you must know, and I have been programming and designing games since 1986. Does that make me special? No, but you did ask didnt you? This will be my last post to you because you have already wasted much of my time. Do something with your life. If all you can find to relieve your stress is attempting to flame me for the sake of impressing your office buddies, then I pity you. Truly.

Hiro Protagonist

August 24, 2001, 08:30 PM

Guess I lied. One more thing, if you want to continue this flame, perhaps we should take it offline. You can find me in #flipcode on the EnterTheGame.com irc servers. See you there I am sure.

Ucciderlo

August 24, 2001, 08:35 PM

Nah, no more flaming. I applogize. I agree this has already gone too far. I would be happy to take this to the IRC channel, but not to argue. I've been in crunch time for the last 3 weeks, and I guess it is messing with my nerves. I appologize for attacking you personally as it seems, now after reading over my last series of posts, that I was over reacting. I too will no longer post about this subject.

Cheers,

Fant

August 25, 2001, 03:10 PM

i hate these fucking server