Submitted by Bunnz, posted on May 11, 2001

Image Description, by Bunnz

Here's a screenshot of the game Hase and I developed. It's a 2d side scroller, but uses 3d interface of DirectX 8.0.

Some features:
  • hardware alphablending, rotation, ....
  • splines for movement of the enemies
  • level is described by some scripts
  • ...
  • You can download the game at: www.Bunnz.com

Have fun
    Bunnz

Betelgeuse

May 12, 2001, 03:01 PM

Yup... it sure is purdy! good job!

Hannu K.

May 12, 2001, 05:27 PM

OK since you insisted. Working link:

Kurt Miller

May 12, 2001, 05:45 PM

">>More work for kurt: remove this post "

Removing a post is a click of a button.
    Banning an account, or a range of ip addresses from a given ISP wouldn't be much work either.

Jouniii

May 12, 2001, 06:01 PM

This looks really cool, really a good surprise after all this 3d-shit ;) and gprahics of this game i really smooth and cool.

More this kind of games!

gmcbay

May 12, 2001, 07:35 PM

Please, please, please consider IP banning some of the jackasses that do nothing but post flamebait in IOTD after IOTD.

I'm really sick of these people. If they were at least funny, it would one thing..but they aren't funny at all. Its gotten so that I hardly ever read the comments anymore because of stupid flamewars (ugly pic/pic too dark/etc) that destroy the signal to noise ratio.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be able to post critiques of the images..that should be allowed...but some people (you know who you are) just post negative crap all the time with no useful/constructive feedback.

Hydri

May 12, 2001, 07:50 PM

yep, SWIV is short for Silkworm IV (as in 4).

EGreg

May 13, 2001, 01:07 AM

aww, that's funny.. anyway don't ban, just "ban to a separate mode." Have an "idiot mode" where "banned" messages aren't filtered. That way, whoever wants to see idiot postings, CAN.

Hehe

-Greg

[][]aRRaY[][]

May 13, 2001, 02:00 AM

I downloaded it.. ran it.. and I can see the bullets flying around when the tank or heli shoot.. and my heli only shows...
    all other objects r invisible (there's the sky, grass, and that too)
    I'm using Asus 11.01 drivers, i switched to Nvidia 10.80 and same thing (i've got an Asus AGP V7100 (GeForce 2 MX Chipset).. DirectX 8.0a is isntalled... Windows 2000 with sp1

What could be wrong!?! The screenshot looks cool, and on most of the objects r missing :(

Chris 12345

May 13, 2001, 03:46 AM

I get the same problem. I tried at work on a Matrox G200 8 MB AGP and it works fine.
    Tried it on another machine with TNT2 32 MB and it had the above problems.
    Tried it at home on a Geforce 2 Ultra 64 MB and same problem.

Chris 12345

May 13, 2001, 03:47 AM

Forgot to mention, 6.50 drivers (most stable AFAIK)

Gildorin

May 13, 2001, 04:33 AM

Swiv was an top-down scroller.

hdmx

May 13, 2001, 05:16 AM

I got a box of SWIV 3D. This is also fun to play although for me it is too hard :-)))

hdmx

hdmx

May 13, 2001, 05:18 AM

I like that idea and I DONT LIKE CENSORSHIP!

hdmx

Vander Nunes

May 13, 2001, 05:19 AM

p3 500, 128mb, TNT2 M64 (v6.50), dx8, win2k... the same problem.

MC BAXTON

May 13, 2001, 05:21 AM

I don't think that banning IP could be effective.
    This way you could ban half of the world from posting here. And I can use firewalls, etc .. I have access to internet in some different places where I have different ISP's
    Anyway, I dont care so much, but I see that most acceptable kind of comment is two words: Nice work ! Keep up good work ! Hope to see demo soon .. etc.
    Well, telling that dark is light and vice versus should be nice for u. I see ... In fact it's more important than someone can consider.

Daniel Ludwig

May 13, 2001, 05:32 AM

"I will try if WinUAE will run a silkworm disk image"

It will. :-)

kewldude

May 13, 2001, 05:44 AM

"And I can use firewalls" and what good is that going to do? You do know what a FIREWALL is, dont you?

Tobias Franke

May 13, 2001, 06:30 AM

I think firewalls are crap, they're way too dark and the texturing is also bad! :)

I'm sourrounded by MC_BAXTON!!!!

richard

May 13, 2001, 08:59 AM

I've got the same problems on my PIII 500 / 128mb SDR (pc100) / GeForce2 MX

But it sure looks very very very very nice :P

richard

May 13, 2001, 09:00 AM

btw. I'm using the Detonator 12.01 drivers

EGreg

May 13, 2001, 11:13 AM

Hmm, someone removed my poll...

I'm going to view the results now :-)

-Greg

EGreg

May 13, 2001, 11:16 AM

Well that is the most stupendous trolling I have ever seen! Good work!

-EGreg

MC BAXTON

May 13, 2001, 01:52 PM

I see crows instead of bullets.

MC BAXTON

May 13, 2001, 02:15 PM

Well .. wrong word. But you understood what I meant.
    Im not goint to dispute on this topic

tcs

May 13, 2001, 02:20 PM

Yep, I also have the original copy, pretty small box ;-) The game is also too hard for me. Games are so damn easy today !

/ / / T / R

May 13, 2001, 02:36 PM

Quite nice looking on my VooDoo3 in W2k w/ DX8.

My only gripe is this: The priority is too high. Something in the "AboveNormal" range would be much more appropriate than a priority in the "High" to "Realtime" range, and would not affect performance horribly.

The priority of the demo as it is 'causes mp3s to skip on my Duron 850. An app that disallows the timely execution of other apps (especially those that use less than 1 percent of the CPU) seems a tad hoggish to me.

Daniel Ludwig

May 13, 2001, 02:58 PM

Nice demo, but I have something to comment, too: I can't bear games auto-changing the global Windows sound output volume(, and not restoring it on exit). You can supply an audio options menu, but let the user decide.

Kurt Miller

May 13, 2001, 04:08 PM

">>I don't think that banning IP could be effective. "

The server keeps logs of all forum activity, which includes IP addresses. I believe IP banning can be effective, though its a solution I don't want to have to implement.

">>Anyway, I dont care so much, but I see that most acceptable kind of comment is two words: Nice work ! "

"Nice work", even if said 100 times, is generally considered a form of encouragement. "This sucks", without providing clear reasons, is not. This is a development community, where hopefully people will be inspired to work on bigger and better things. Given the choice between "nice work" and "this sucks", yes, "nice work", is the far more acceptable comment. But despite your sarcasm, you know as well as anyone that constructive criticism and creative comments are welcome, even if they're negative. It all depends on how you word it. There have been many very technical, very educational IOTD threads, based around comments pointing out errors in the image or making suggestions for improvements.

">>To tell the truth I've found some *more interesting* places and possibly people could go here. "

If you don't like the idea of a supportive development community, then yeah, a "more interesting" place would probably be better for you. If you choose to stay here, we ask that you respect the authors presenting their work here.

Bunnz

May 13, 2001, 04:22 PM

Hi EGreg

Actually I'm not using split-screens, cause the two players play in the same screen. Perhaps you mean parallax scrolling. But please reask your question!

Bunnz

Bunnz

May 13, 2001, 04:24 PM

Hi Zed!

Yes the lack of alpha blending, scaling, rotations caused me to use d3d. Sure the features can be achieved by software but hardware is much faster and the quality is better!

Bunnz

First Previous ( To view more messages, select a page: 0 1 2 ... out of 2) Next Last