Submitted by Lennox Antoine, posted on May 02, 2001

Image Description, by Lennox Antoine

I had a previous release of the engine a while back (I pollute flipcode with landscape shots). This fixes a lot of things that were wrong, and overall better performance. The things present in this demo are :
  • Lod landscape (improved, very simple)
  • 3ds file import
  • Multiple actors controlled through scripts
  • Progressive meshes
  • Simple physics
  • particles posing as birds/fairies (just sprites)
  • Get it at : http://www.sinc.sunysb.edu/stu/lbantoin/

There are however a lot of stuff that I left out so that the speed would be acceptable for most users. These include rippling water and realtime swaying fractal trees. Feedback/flames would be greatly appreciated on what is missing, or what you would like to see.

-Lennox Antoine

Akiratf

May 03, 2001, 04:37 AM

Nice demo,

it runs smoothly on my system (PIII 500, G-Force 2MX).

Akira

Tobias Franke

May 03, 2001, 04:59 AM

oh no, poor EGreg has been infected with mc_baxton'itis

BigB

May 03, 2001, 06:36 AM

Runs very nice on my
    Amd athlon 800, Geforce2 mx
    I got around 20 fps, but i also think your frame counter has some problems, it looks much faster than 20.

Bruno

Invhunter

May 03, 2001, 07:16 AM

Pssstt.... Keine schlafenden Hunde wecken!

Don't mention THE name . . . . .

EGreg

May 03, 2001, 07:27 AM

I dont know what you guys are talking about, because you are not making intelligent words come out onto the screen. It is hard for you, I know, but you should really consult some experts before posting in this forum.

I am surrounded by idiots...

Okay, so I read MC_BAXTON posts yesterday. Funny shit. Please take no offense guys. :-)

-Greg

PS: I was the original antagonist. MC_BAXTON is just a copycat :)

EGreg

May 03, 2001, 07:28 AM

Very nice demo. What are you guys currently working on? I think it would be nice to have a thread actually where people mentioned their current projects :)

Sincerely,
    Greg

PS: EVERYTHING IS VERY WELL!! :-)

Tobias Franke

May 03, 2001, 07:47 AM

ahrg, ok, ich halt' meinen mund!

Acidtil

May 03, 2001, 11:09 AM

Hummm if i'm the one you specified in the "Yo there"... I forgot to mention that I got a 40 fps when not looking at other models (specificaly the big one).

And i've got a Athlon Tbird 800, 256 MB of ram and a G400 !!!

Ciao !!!

lxnyce

May 03, 2001, 02:02 PM

Well right now I do some freelance work for Harthinian Studios, but I am in the process of searching for a job upon graduating college in 2 weeks. Hence I released a demo mainly for showcase purposes.

lxnyce

May 03, 2001, 02:06 PM

Thanks for all your opinions, I will take all of them into mind in a next release. Plz don't flame MC, I think he is just a funny guy and deserves to voice his opinion also(yeah I read it also). Since its a new day, can't wait to see the new pic, and thx alot to all who wrote.

DarkReaper

May 03, 2001, 07:10 PM

Did you fall through the level? Question answered =)