Submitted by Peter Koen, posted on April 24, 2001

Image Description, by Peter Koen

The aim of this intro was to simulate non realistic handdrawing and watercolor/aquarell-like texturing.

64k intro released at mekka&symposium 2001:
www.farb-rausch.com

-entro[fr]

Blaze

April 25, 2001, 10:07 AM

Take this MC_BAXTON!

ZGVhdGggdG8gbWNfYmF4dG9uIGFuZCBsb25nIGxpdmUgZmxpcGNvZGUh

Ileaardbei

April 25, 2001, 10:14 AM

yeah you tell 'em!

MC BAXTON

April 25, 2001, 10:15 AM

"You are stuuupid! I am very intelligent! you do stupid stuff! shut up! I could do much cooler stuff if I wanted, but I don't want to! you suck, and your programs too!"
'
I've never said that. That's your imagination. And BTW, that's extremely distorted one. What a primitive language. stuuupid, stupid, suck, stupid, intelligent

'If you still want to reply, start with explaining the stuff you were talking about'

I have NO CHANCE to explain it for you. As I see you are ingnorant ant totally lost. So you better stay with lost boys.

'cause I haven't seen a single spark of intelligence in all your posts'

These posts weren't intended to show any intelligence or such. It was directed for explanation, and it was directed for special kind of people like you. Im not saying that it's for limited people, lack of intelligence, etc... However that was for people with extremely material way of thinking.

Ileaardbei

April 25, 2001, 10:16 AM

feel free to shut up

geekster

April 25, 2001, 10:22 AM

Oh for crying it out loud, can't you just admit you're wrong, you really keep on dragging this out with the same stupid arguments.

Yes a demo is a computer program (ie. a process), but, as it's beens said so many times before, it's not program in the way you seem to be thinknig (ie. a tool for creating anything).

As for the point of it... to show of your programming abilities and creative skills and perhaps even entertain... on the same note, a game really has no purpose by your deifintion.

Hope this helps, let's all be friends, peace love and linux or something.

Morten Bendix

L.e.Denninger

April 25, 2001, 10:24 AM

>so scene-demo is not a program.
>That's so clever, Mr. E. deninger

This is such a good example of you not understanding stuff :)
The difference was between a game-demo or other program-demo, and a scene-demo, you bunghole :)

By the way, do you even have a job, or have you ever coded something yourself ? I don't think so in both cases. Maybe you have written a batch-file once ?

MC_VANILLA_ICE, if you were only half as dumb as you are, I wouldn't even use your face as toilet-paper.

Shalom

Tammo Hinrichs

April 25, 2001, 10:25 AM

> 'cause I haven't seen a single spark of intelligence in all your
> posts'
> These posts weren't intended to show any intelligence or such.

Ok, that does id. MC_BAXTON, thanks for savin my day, i won't be able to stop laughing for the next few hours. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

(this is even funnier than compo.sys.ibm.pc.demos :)

To the rest... The intro uses software rendering, so it's no miracle that it does run ok even on S3 Virge cards. We're currently planning a hw accelerated version, the only sad fact is that some of the features we'd need can't be found on any card less than a GeForce3 (eg. subtractive shaded lines), so we aren't sure if we ever finish it or if it would look as good as the software version.

Though, thanks for all the positive feedback :)

Tammo "kb/Farbrausch" Hinrichs

MC BAXTON

April 25, 2001, 10:27 AM

You can add brackets ((demo of a game) or program)

program can be understood like 'not game', and like 'programmer's product' or thing that runs on PC :)

So you dont need to give me any explanation, just explain it to yourself.

and do not think that I say that demo is not demonstration. I wrote something about that topic previously.

Phantom

April 25, 2001, 10:30 AM

Kurt, stop BAXTON. He's ruining your site.
And MC_BAXTON: I think we all agree if I say you're a major ASSHOLE. I think you understand that, there's little to argue about that, it's written in correct english, and it's the truth. Go away. Stop bugging us.

geekster

April 25, 2001, 10:31 AM

Oh yeah, forgot to comment on the IOTD.

Looks very nice, though I'd liked to have seen anti-aliased lines and it did'nt run super smooth all the time... but in 46kb(yeah, 46... dunno why people keep saying 64... asumptions I guess) I'm not complaining at all... great work.

Morten Bendix

Catfish

April 25, 2001, 10:34 AM

Is BaxterBoy serious, or is he just trolling?

I believe you'll find that when he said 'demo of a game or program', he meant 'limited sample of game or application' - eg the Quake3 demo release, or maybe Visual Studio.net beta.
Program & application can often be used interchangeably.

The rest of us seemed to understand Deninger without any problem...

So, please stop picking petty fights with arguments you can't support, go play in the traffic...

Catfish

MC BAXTON

April 25, 2001, 10:35 AM

Tammo Hinrichs:
Perfect example of NOT understanding the subject what I've tried to say. Poor people ..

geekster

April 25, 2001, 10:42 AM

Then please enlighten us oh great one. We'll put our heads together and see if our collective intelligence can even reach any where near the proximity of yours.

Tammo Hinrichs

April 25, 2001, 10:44 AM

Dear MC_BAXTON, we all understood your points. We all tried to make clear to you that these points are invalid. You didn't understand. From this point on, we started to make fun of you. You didn't even understand THAT. And this makes the thing even funnier.

(insert loop here).

continues to laugh,
kb

Avulsion

April 25, 2001, 10:46 AM

This place is getting more like Somethingawful every day! Except it's more tedious and not as funny. Here's my $0.02 then:

YUO = FAGOT

=) Don't take it personally.

Lachie

L.e.Denninger

April 25, 2001, 10:48 AM

> ( I thought should be replied by Peter Koen, but obviously ten people made this iotd)

Obviously you still don't know the demoscene, or the fact that most demo's are made by groups of people - I guess that's why they're called 'demogroups'.

So yups, this iotd has been made by a group of people. Stop acting surprised if *any* of the creators wants to explain something :)

MC BAXTON

April 25, 2001, 10:50 AM

I suppose you meant loop in basic - that's your lovely language

entro[fr]

April 25, 2001, 10:51 AM

/me is rolling on the floor laughing his ass off....

thank you MC Baxter.... it's along time since i was so amused about forum postings!

lotsa thanx to all the other posters for their comments.

Raspberry

April 25, 2001, 10:53 AM

just because you started coding at 20yrs doesn't mean anyone else did, i personally picked up a bit of coding back on the speccy, and i am early 20s, so maybe it is just that older people, like you, are not clued up to the whereabouts of the scene.org man

L.e.Denninger

April 25, 2001, 10:54 AM

Yups, I still think it's hilarious too :)

It's just too bad other people around flipcode don't see the humour, or think it's forum-pollution, 'cause these are the things that really brighten up my day :)

Raspberry

April 25, 2001, 10:57 AM

"'cause I haven't seen a single spark of intelligence in all your posts."

Whereas i have seen many insightful and imo accurate opinions in your many posts :)

entro[fr]

April 25, 2001, 10:57 AM

maybe you should considering downloading the final version...

runs a lot smoother and has something you could call antialiased lines...

Peter "entro[fr]" Koen

MC BAXTON

April 25, 2001, 10:57 AM

... just be careful - you may not stand up again.

MC BAXTON

April 25, 2001, 11:02 AM

You make me lotsa fun aswell :)
However, if I'm such a good for you, I should open special fund where you could put your donations. Well, for each post ... 10 $ or something like that.

L.e.Denninger

April 25, 2001, 11:13 AM

should I mention this again ? :)

MC_BAXTON - the story behind the boy

Shplorb

April 25, 2001, 11:22 AM

Hey everyone, I think I've solved this MC_BAXTON riddle!

I reckon it's just Kurt provoking us to make posts, thereby increasing page views and the resulting ad revenue!

If you think about this for more than 2 seconds it is actually plausible because no one can be that stupid without making an attempt to do so deliberately.

On topic though, it's good to see npr is starting to get going. Anyone seen Caillou by Mandarine? Not as technically impressive as this, but still kewl nonetheless.

Raspberry

April 25, 2001, 11:27 AM

Yep, I'd like to shake him warmly by the throat too... ;)

hehe, never realised my sig was aimed at someone before >:)

Tobias Franke

April 25, 2001, 11:32 AM

Maybe those MC Baxton posts could make a cool addition to flipcode itself, like MCBSCOTM (MC Baxtons stupid posting of the minute), that would be a nice forum, although writing comments for it would be quite hard due to the fast frequency of changing topics...

Kurt Miller

April 25, 2001, 11:41 AM

">> Kurt, stop BAXTON. He's ruining your site "

Everytime I try to do something about the spam on these forums, the crowds get pissed at me. My conclusion thus is that most people either like it or don't care ;]

L.e.Denninger

April 25, 2001, 11:49 AM

Did anyone notice that "Kurt Miller" spellt backwards actually gives
"I am secretly MC_BAXTON and you are stuuuuuupid!" ???

First Previous ( To view more messages, select a page: 0 1 2 3 ... out of 3) Next Last