Submitted by Mattias Fagerlund, posted on April 20, 2001

Image Description, by Mattias Fagerlund

Here's images from a website we've created ( http://www.cambrianart.com ), where you can evolve your own art - it's similar to Evolver that was mentioned here a while back ( link ) except you can evolve your own images online. These images can be stored or sent as electronic postcards.

If you need sci-fi looking textures for a game, for instance, you can evolve your own - or use the ones that are allready published on the site. Just let us know.

/Mattias Fagerlund

[-WD40-]

April 21, 2001, 06:27 PM

I know and I'm sorry I haven't done this on purpose I swear. I fixed it.

[-WD40-]

April 21, 2001, 06:31 PM

Waramp:
nice, you actually managed to get that environnement bump mapping that was missing in my picture :)

MC BAXTON

April 21, 2001, 06:31 PM

Yes I'm truly right, like always.
Thanks for attention

Sincerely mine
MC BAXTON

MC BAXTON

April 21, 2001, 06:42 PM

BTW, waramp, when we will be able enjoy your contribution to this iotd ? I'm eagerly waiting for any chance to see it.

mattias fagerlund

April 21, 2001, 08:04 PM

>BTW, will you release your software? You said you built one,
>it would be nice if you'd release it

What would you expect from the software, that you couldn't get from the webpage? Because, if the answer is "nothing", then there'd be no point to releasing it, but if you have some goals that can't be achieved by using the site, then I'd definately think about it!

m

mattias fagerlund

April 21, 2001, 08:15 PM

>It'sa a very cool thing indeed. I was playing around with the
>Genome strings, just swapping numbers and such, and its quite
>neat how you can 'customize' the image just by swapping out a
>few numbers and letters here and there...

Oh, dear, please don't do that - I know, some of you will say that "I only have myself to blame", but changing the character strings without knowing exactly what they do can freeze our server.

>This is WD-40's image w/ 2 small changes to the genome string.
>http://www.cambrianart.com/Image.asp?>Genome=BtB31yJMBBue6JktpMVXl1fPcicBnouKLjBPIBcIxitcpO0cUPPcB9Lp6GKP1LBBue6JktpMVXlitcpBnouKLjBPIBcI&w=640&h=480

Ah, seems that one worked out just fine!

>Very nice work Mattias...

Tackar och bockar, as we say in swedish!!

m

mattias fagerlund

April 21, 2001, 08:17 PM

> Yes I'm truly right, like always.

Truly

> Thanks for attention

You're welcome to my attention.

>Sincerely mine

So true

>MC BAXTON

Even more true

m

[-WD40-]

April 21, 2001, 08:28 PM

mattias:
Your post is absolutely genial(as usual)
I totally agree

Waramp

April 21, 2001, 09:32 PM

I do what I can :)

Waramp.

Waramp

April 21, 2001, 09:37 PM

I posted an IOTD back on Feb 15.

In that other post I was referring to a post I made on March 27 that challenged you to create something on par with that IOTD in 3 weeks.

Here is the link to that post: http://www.flipcode.com/cgi-bin/msg.cgi?showThread=03-27-2001&forum=iotd&id=8

Altho it is somewhat useless now because it has since been removed.

Waramp.

MC BAXTON

April 22, 2001, 06:30 AM

yes it was nice iotd.
But I cant dedicate too much time for IOTD creating.
Sorry I didnt see your challenge, maybe it already was deleted, I said I will contribute, but never said that if will happen after 3 weeks or something like that.
By now, I already decided which method I'll use to achieve some of my goals. It's not just of adding more fog, bumpmaping.. and making horrible mess, but not code.
BTW, Im happy that not only my posts gets deleted :)

Siigron

April 22, 2001, 10:46 AM

> But I cant dedicate too much time for IOTD creating.

I think we should have perfect understanding for that.
I, for one, really do respect your excuse, MC Baxton.

As we all can see, you are very busy posting trollposts on this IOTD discussion board, so it's not very strange that you do not have time to code.