Submitted by Zsombor Fritz, posted on April 18, 2001

Image Description, by Zsombor Fritz

Here is the picture of my Bezier Surface program. The program made with Delphi and OpenGL. It build a Bezier surface from triangles! This is my own Bezier calculator, it don't use any special Bezier command. I have chosed the triangle basis because it is much harder then other. In the program you can change a lot of things. You can modify the amount of the controll points and the resolution, pick one ore more of it and move them, rotate, scale, add lights, set the rendering states like one or two sided linghting, wireframe, flat, shade, texture map, sphere map, enviroment map, level coloring and you can chose the backface rendering (standard, transparent, culled)

The program is available at my site : www.zsombor-fritz.net

EGreg

April 18, 2001, 01:53 PM

Whoo! First post! Yeah baby and all that...

Listen up, that's a cool looking pic, especially the bottom right one. I see you haev some translucency/sphremapping giong on in that shot. Perhaps I'm wrong?

Anyway, nice work, mate. As far as tesselation into triangles, it's a standard procedure AFAIK. There are different methosd, like forward differencing, producing different speed results, but this is a very nice renderer.

Anyway, how are you tesselating? Is it using the De Casteljau algorithm (I describe this in my column, www.flipcode.com/tpractice/ ... SHAMELESS PLUG HAHAHA!!). What are yuo planning to use this for?

Cheers,
Greg

And please, guys, let's keep the comments clean :-)

danthalas

April 18, 2001, 01:55 PM

I get the first? NO!!!

I think bezier surfaces like these are for perverted. Looks like t...

Well, just a joke. It seems to be a nice app for playing with it and reach high levels on your s..... fantasies :)

I really like the overall look. It seems professional. Go for a complete surface renderer with NURBS, Splines ans whatever your mind can manage.

Taluego

NEGA

April 18, 2001, 02:28 PM

Damn it i was typing for the old post when this one went up, I should have been first, boo hoo, oh woe is me..

Are you invoking NVidia's new Bazier Extensions at all, or are you doing something wacky and new and all your own. Im just asking cuz I don't read hungarian, but there appears to be something that says GeForce3..Bezier...something else, on your site

Brebion flavien

April 18, 2001, 03:05 PM

Generating a Bezier surface from a triangle is a good idea.. what do you take as control points?

goltrpoat

April 18, 2001, 04:09 PM

I'd assume it's three quadratic splines along each edge with two control points at the vertices and one in the middle, the tesselation is pretty easy from that point on, you divide the triangle into four triangles (one in the middle, one at each vertex) and continue subdividing until the proverbial cows come home. Just a guess tho.

goltrpoat

FanThomaS

April 19, 2001, 03:07 AM

Cool! A Hungarian IOTD :)

Orulok, hogy vannak itt Magyarok is :)

bye