Submitted by Jacco Bikker, posted on April 02, 2001

Image Description, by Jacco Bikker

Here we have a shot of a wacky bunch of Flipcoders posing in the Davilex building after the second IGDA meeting in Holland. The meeting was a great success; we had around 60 Dutch game coders attending two highly interesting presentations. Anyway, about the picture, from left to right we have: XjaapX, Phantom, Willem and Bram. All in the right outfit for the occasion, of course. I'm sorry about the model and the texture for Jaap; somebody did a lousy job there. I masked the worst part a bit.

Anyway, greets to all game coders around the globe, especially the Flipcoders and of course the Dutch game scene.

Willem

April 03, 2001, 03:28 AM

It's true. Ask Stuyvesant if he was still alive.

Brooklyn = Breukelen
Harlem = Haarlem

They're all originally Dutch names.

L.e.Denninger

April 03, 2001, 03:32 AM

Willem - What do you mean with "look like" ? :-)

Willem

April 03, 2001, 03:34 AM

Everybody knows that I *am* an idiot, but it was new to me that I also *look like* one..

;)

Stu Milsten

April 03, 2001, 03:38 AM

Like. Is that fillapeno a man or a woman?

Willem

April 03, 2001, 04:05 AM

I'm hermaphrodite, doh.

Mark Friedenbach

April 03, 2001, 04:09 AM

That's always a complementing question to ask.

Bart Coppens

April 03, 2001, 04:28 AM

Is there a demo?
BTW for the dutch people:
Hier is nóg een Vlaming, maar nu van de kanten van Dendermonde. Valt trouwens wel op hoeveel Nederlandstaligen hier zijn

D3stY

April 03, 2001, 05:07 AM

Hey..
i want this t-shirt! :D

Tobias Franke

April 03, 2001, 06:47 AM

Ey, yo me too!!!! Gimme shirt gimme shirt!

BTW: Jacco, I recently used Alice, what the hell is the secret password?

de Filatelist

April 03, 2001, 06:56 AM

about them models & textures, I made them in 1 day so they look a bit scruffy here and there... They also have 3dsmax physicque and complete biped-bone structures attached to them... but I'm afraid that in Willems case something went wrong with the animation so his movements are a bit strange, kinda like a big chiken with a keyboard pushed up its >

I'll tweak that when I find the time.

de Filatelist

April 03, 2001, 06:59 AM

that's CHICKEN not chiken

sorry

Willem

April 03, 2001, 07:32 AM

Well said, schment schmunee ;)

Revolver

April 03, 2001, 10:42 AM

*Groan*

Ogotay

April 03, 2001, 11:36 AM

I am surrounded by idiots! For all others: I am afraid it will shock you, but I have a really *BAD* suspicion... now better sit down... I *think* this image is a fake! I will even go so far and say this is not a screenshot of a kick-ass 3D engine but a PHOTO!!!! YESSSS!! A P-H-O-T-O!!! Yeah, how lame, you guys at Davilex really thought you can cheat Ogotay? Maybe the rest of the world is blind, but I know the truth!!!
However, there are 2 things that make me a bit uncertain about my theory... First, those player models look too ugly to be real humen... But what is much more suspicious about that PHOTO is that all of the models wear the "original" Flipcode T-Shirt! Now, how possible is that??? I'd rather belive that Jesus was an Alien! So, not only you faked a PHOTO as an in-game screenshot, you even faked the PHOTO, so that you all appear in the same T-Shirt! You are a shame for the whole Flipcode community! HA!

You did not include the "Ogotay factor" in your evil plans, now suffer!! WHUAHAHAHAHA *5 minutes of demonic laughter follow*

dan_g

April 11, 2001, 04:51 PM

i've never seen such whiteness in my life!

bigyellowtoe

April 12, 2001, 03:25 PM

it's decent, but look at the texture on the cup??? there aint one! it looks like someone used the wrong filename again...otherwise cool pic.

what's the best way to kill these guys btw? when i buy the game should i get the rpg out and just start blasting at their feet?

ps..those weird black boxes, wtf is that? that looks like redundant code to me..."see no evil, speak no evil, see no evil..."