Submitted by William Garrison, posted on January 11, 2001

Image Description, by William Garrison

This is a capture from "Node" a demo created by myself and "Tronster" (http://www.tronster.com), then submitted to the COMA2 demo competition. (http://www.crosswinds.net/~coma2/indexe.htm)

This shot is part of the ending scene and was generated using my GeoGL library, which is a simple library for drawing and managing objects in 3D space. The image in the corner is slightly later in the demo, and is the only use I've ever had for 1D textures. :) The source code for GeoGL and to our demo are available at http://www.mobydisk.com/mobyware/geogl.html

You can see the other entries to COMA2 at ftp://ftp.scene.org/pub/parties/2000/coma00

Nick

January 11, 2001, 02:59 PM

Thats what I meant by "P.S: Is everybody downloading the demo at the same time or is the server a little slow? ;)" in my first message.

I got the same download speed, but it was worth waiting for it. It shows a lot more than what you see in the screenshot.

Maybe I can upload it somewhere else...

MC BAXTON

January 11, 2001, 02:59 PM

I was talking about your previous comments which were not necessary

Ogotay

January 11, 2001, 03:04 PM

Hmm, first I did not intend to talk so much off topic.
But check this link. Don't think anybody was offended there ;). But I don't plan to continue posting off topic stuff to this thread anymore anyway, I think I said what I needed to say, and if I indeed offended William with what I wrote (what I don't hope, I rather hope he likes seeing this thread growing rofl ;) ) then sorry.

MC BAXTON

January 11, 2001, 03:04 PM

otogay
"
UFf, errororororor did I say "admit" in my above post? Of course I wanted to say "...usually I never AGREE with MC BAXTON..." instead of "...usually I never ADMIT with MC BAXTON...". *boing* "

Are you happy that you are able to not agree with me ?

Nick

January 11, 2001, 03:09 PM

I've uploaded it at geocities. I hope it's a tiny bit faster...

mwnode.zip

P.S: William, if you don't like this mirroring than I will of course immediately delete it.

Ogotay

January 11, 2001, 03:12 PM

MC BAXTON don't you realize you start to run against walls? Meanwhile there is propably nobody who bothers about what you write, it seems there is nothing else you can bitch on in this thread so you are trying to bitch on everything... and yes, I am happy to be able to not agree with you 'cause you are talking crap all the time and don't even notice it...

Ogotay

January 11, 2001, 03:15 PM

Nick, this is the screen I get when trying to access your link:

Piracy

The document has moved here.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

But anyways, I think it's not your job to move the demo somewhere else for better download speed... ;)

deks

January 11, 2001, 03:16 PM

I think that we should ignore him, he just do it to get our attention. And again, MC BAXTON, please submit your iotd with some code you did. Maybe I'll download it. Maybe.

MC BAXTON

January 11, 2001, 03:19 PM

Meanwhile I notice just dialog between you and nick

Ogotay

January 11, 2001, 03:28 PM

So what, is it your problem MC BAXTON? Because there is nobody who wants to talk to YOU? You are right deks, from now on I am not going to react on any MC BAXTON posts, too bad there is no ignore list or something here...

fenris

January 11, 2001, 03:32 PM

I always make sure I check out the IOTD at least 2 to 3 times a day. And lately, I've seen posts from this
MC BRAXTON fellow. I've always been compeled to add my $0.02 on his posts, but have held back because
it just makes things worse. But today I can't resist. I have to say something.

MC BRAXTON, yer a friggin moron. :)

Explanation? Reason? I don't think I need one. You never seem to need one as well, so I guess I can
exempt myself from one too. Your posts are empty and thoughtless. More importantly, they are totally
uncalled for. You claim your negative comments are not directed to the developer, only the images of his/her
work. Well, the way I see it, any portrayal of my work IS my work, and if you knock my work with non usefull
negativity attacks, you might as well have just directed the comments to me instead of the image. I am sure
others can agree with that. Constructive criticism is or should always be openly accepted (by a mature
individual anyhow). But your criticism is FAR from constructive. And far from mature. Get a clue.

These forums are in really bad need of a good moderation system to weed out posts from trolls like this. But
not a tool for selective censorship, because that would be too slashdot :)

Nick

January 11, 2001, 03:35 PM

Hmm, yes, strange...

I've tried right click and saving it and it works, but only after a long while. I get about 1.4 Kb/sec.

I never got this error before so I'll try it again.

MC BAXTON

January 11, 2001, 03:52 PM

I dont care

Nick

January 11, 2001, 04:01 PM

I don't have an explanation for this.

I'm 100% sure it worked a few hours ago in this forum: A few DirectDraw 7 problems. I've downloaded it immediately after uploading, so it was ok then. The speed was also very good.

I've tried but it failed, again...

Ogotay

January 11, 2001, 04:17 PM

Weird... did you try to contact an admin at geocities?

tcs

January 11, 2001, 05:04 PM

Can someone please kick the account of this damn MC BAXTON guy ? This is not the place for people like him, I bet he can't even code...

Tim

Moby Disk

January 11, 2001, 05:15 PM

Stop feeding the troll.

DooMWiz

January 11, 2001, 05:31 PM

OUT OF MY HEAD, I TELL YOU!

DirtyPunk

January 11, 2001, 05:54 PM

Chill MC, after the turtles movie, you had a big career slide, and its just affecting you in a bad way.

Maybe you need to go bask in your own bad boy teen heart throb image of the early 90s.

You've gone the way of Tom Selic now.

Ogotay

January 11, 2001, 06:01 PM

I wonder... how old you are MC BAXTON btw?

deks

January 11, 2001, 06:12 PM

Ogotay: maybe we really should stop speaking about/to him. I'm pretty pissed off by all this MCBAXTON stuff now. Flipcode IOTD is really cool, and I think that Kurt should really do something about him before we all stop coming here.

That's my point of view...

Kurt Miller

January 11, 2001, 06:18 PM

Your point of view is shared by many according to the e-mails I get everyday.

lxnyce

January 11, 2001, 06:26 PM

Why are you guys so uptight by what he has to say? If it wasn't for him, most of you wouldn't be writing anyway. The image poster should thank him for getting everybody to show how much they like his picture. Oh, the file finally finished downloading from your server by the way, so i am going to test it now.

krogoth

January 11, 2001, 06:27 PM

I agree that MC BAXTON should stfu, and I am a programmer, but I think there's a bit more to game development than coding. It's nice to have a super-fast engine, but you actually need models and textures and UI graphics to test it.

Catalyst

January 11, 2001, 06:37 PM

GeForce only demo eh? What's the deal with that!? Next we're gonna have GeForce only games on the market. How about giving the Voodoo 3 users a break here!

Kurt Miller

January 11, 2001, 06:38 PM

">>Why are you guys so uptight by what he has to say? "

If I had to guess, I'd say its because comments such as his usually end up creating a pool of boring drama and negativity on threads such as this. People have more important things to do than sway through megs of crap to find the few 'useful' posts. I used to enjoy reading the IOTD comments.

Further, consider a new flipcode visitor who jumps over to the IOTD to see what's up. What do you imagine he's going to think of "the flipcode audience"?

Granted "the flipcode audience" is a lot bigger than only those who use the forums, but I only know that fact because I happen to have the web logs.

Lucid

January 11, 2001, 06:39 PM

oh, for the download.. try clicking on another one of the links he gives... the one that says you can download the others from here... the demo is there too and it downloads at 33k a sec

Kurt Miller

January 11, 2001, 06:39 PM

His demo ran just fine on my TNT2...

DooMWiz

January 11, 2001, 06:49 PM

Well, too bad, in my extremely biased opinion, you suck.

DooMWiz

January 11, 2001, 06:51 PM

I think the "capture" looks mightily good, and it has a wonderful use of that 1d texture. I like looking at the innards of computers, though it does look slightly different since I'm not holding a flashlight peering into the dust-filled case. =]

First Previous ( To view more messages, select a page: 0 1 2 3 4 ... out of 4) Next Last