Submitted by Giuliano Cornacchiola, posted on January 04, 2001

Image Description, by Giuliano Cornacchiola

HI!
This image is been made by Now3D...a 3DEngine written in VisualBasic6 (no DirectX or OpenGL).
Bye! Bye!
Now3D : http://www.now3d.net

Wayne Marsh

January 05, 2001, 06:50 AM

More likely an image simply super-imposed (well, sub-imposed) on the background.

Giuliano Cornacchiola

January 05, 2001, 06:58 AM

No. I'm not the guy.
But my picture are similar to the originale skull pictures...
I must to insert the credit?

Giuliano Cornacchiola

January 05, 2001, 06:59 AM

The picture is made in RayTracing...
But Now3D is real-time too.

Giuliano Cornacchiola

January 05, 2001, 07:13 AM

I use the Win32 API calls.

I do (almost) everything by myself!

The background are photos. ;(
But are special photos...see this link :

Link to the Flag in the upper part.

Giuliano Cornacchiola

January 05, 2001, 07:22 AM

I'm use a Global Illumination algorithm, and one light for the Hard Shadows.

Giuliano Cornacchiola

January 05, 2001, 07:27 AM

It's a environment map...like the skybox but only in one picture.

Giuliano Cornacchiola

January 05, 2001, 07:45 AM

Xcuse me but my english is very bad and I don't understand your post! ;(
What do you intend for "Maybe this is that code *working*." ?

n!

January 05, 2001, 09:52 AM

He means maybe the shot was produced using the lightwave scene support code.

Nice shot btw :)

n!

Giuliano Cornacchiola

January 05, 2001, 10:08 AM

Thanks n! =)

No. I don't use the lightwave scene support code.

D3stY

January 05, 2001, 10:29 AM

Hi,

i think that almost every 3D Coder uses scenes and objects taken by the net. So, i don't understand why you have to dubitate about the origin of this image. We are interested in the engine, isn't it?

Maybe Giuliano doesn't have more experience in writing english,
but i really doubitate about his malicious purposes. I downloaded Now3D and works fine, no trojan was found! ... He makes a really good job using VB.
Anyway, if you have probz reading italian language, you can click on the "English Version" Flag or going directly to this link:
English Version

We are there to learn and to make more experience, and not to damage the other users of this beautyful site.

Giuliano, nice image though.. don't stop working with it! ;)

Later,

EGreg

January 05, 2001, 03:02 PM

Guys, I'm glad that at least now it's being treated as a joke.
How do you actually do collisions? Not n^2 particle against particle right?

-Greg

"I do not respond to foolish comments like these. I can easily write better comments and responses to my comments."

elliot

January 20, 2001, 01:34 PM

Oh I get it... Your comments are like those two old guys at the end of every Muppet Show(r) that sit up in the box seats and say, "That show was rubbish..."

Did anyone like those old guys? Anyone.... hhmm... anyone? No didn't think so.