Submitted by Robin Håkanson, posted on December 20, 2000

Image Description, by Robin Håkanson

Here are som screenshots from my TI-82 demo IMATION released during Dreamhack00. It has som nice parts, faked grayscale (LCD screen's has low refresh rate ;) ), tunnels and other stuff that you normaly find in standard PC demos. For all you pepople out there that have you own TI-82 calculator you can download the demo from www.algonet.se/~skede/flum.82p. You will need CRash to run it (if you don't already have it you can find it somewhere on www.ticalc.org). There is also an MPG version of the demo for all you poor fellows that don't have an as kicking TI-82 calculator, it's lokated on ftp://ftp.dreamhack.org/pub/dh00/compos/Oldskool/Imation.mpg. If anyone is intrested in coding TI-82 and Z80 processors i have wrote some artikels about it on www.planetzeus.net (it's pretty good if you know swedish because the artikels seamse to be written in that wierd language ;) ). /Robin Håkanson

Stefan Karlsson

December 21, 2000, 10:00 PM

Verry plastic snow? ;)

Caereth

December 22, 2000, 01:46 AM

300, hmm dunno.

Alchemy

December 22, 2000, 02:15 AM

I don't care what anyone says, I love it!

So much so, I just went out and bought a TI-83.

Keep up the good work.

fraesch

December 22, 2000, 04:27 AM

I have a dream ... of 256 posts.

doh i think i should buy a logitech wheel mouse. ;)

Raspberry

December 22, 2000, 05:27 AM

I did submit one, about a week ago.

Ogotay

December 22, 2000, 06:17 AM

"a GeForce card displays images in true color, and true color is more color that your eye can even distinguish. So even if a GeForce card was hacked to fake more colors or shades than it was supposed to, noone would ever know."

Hehe, then let's code a proggie that actually says you "this application displays more than 16.7 Million colors" if it's the case and post a screenshot of it on Flipcode and get hyppppped ;). 128Bit hyper true colors rulezzzzzz ;)

"you code some search algo which can search a many gig data base in log(n) time or so..it can be far more cool"

Hey, there is already such an algo, allowing updates and search operations in O(log n) time - AVL-Trees (however dunno if you can use it for ALL possible real-life situations, but it's a very good approach imo).

Ogotay

December 22, 2000, 06:21 AM

Hey guys, you know what would really impress me? Seeing the port of this demo on my crappy Casio fx-991s. ROFL ;))))))))))) THAT would rock

Ogotay

December 22, 2000, 07:02 AM

Hey, c'mon, why nobody is posting here anymore? I want to be the 256th!!!! sniff sniff

DirtyPunk

December 22, 2000, 10:28 AM

I once tried a grey scale (well, blue scale) approach on my HP38G. Unfortunately, there just isn't enough fillrate :)

Good work, this is über cool.

Hannu K.

December 22, 2000, 11:23 AM

We can still make it to 300!! :)

SigmundSEGV

December 24, 2000, 04:30 AM

BTW, does anyone code in Smalltalk? Even Squeak? Why are there no Smalltalkers on this group? What gives? I want to see some Smalltalkers talk about game programming...

Yes!!! Smalltalk rules!! :-)

"object receives message". Period. All you need to know. ;-) No, I like the language because it's so elegant. Plus the interactive environment. Developing in Smalltalk is truly unlike developing in any Algol-based language. I learned these words on Usenet. Actually, just "Algol". I've never programmed in it, but I hear languages like C/C++, Java, Ada, Perl?, etc... are all in the Algol family.

Wow, this is weird so far - not the way I usually talk. In any case, I've been learning Smalltalk these last couple months, and loving it. I'd probably still presume that high performance games need to be written in C++. When I was still working in the games industry, it was a huge deal when we suggested switching from C to C++. "You can't do that!?? C++ is big and slow, ... isn't it?" Ha. [Well, okay I was a little nervous myself] Well I respect that language (the designers?) for following through on the, "you don't pay for what you don't use" claim. Still, after learning Smalltalk, it's hard to want to program in anything else, willingly. In disciplines or market segments where every last ounce of performance doesn't matter, it's really a shame that languages like Java have taken hold, when amazingly more powerful and expressive alternatives were already available (i.e. Smalltalk :).

Well, I seem to have climbed onto some sort of soapbox here, I'll step off now... <grin>

BTW, in an attempt to be slightly on topic, the calculator demo is quite cool and amazing. I tried to program some simple graphics stuff on my HP graphing calculator in the late 80's, but didn't get very far. It was slow, but worst of all, it only allowed "clearscreen" and "turn pixel ON"... there was no way to clear a pixel! :-( Good work! I liked the 3D warp-tunnel especially!

P.S. You'll find a number of Smalltalk programmers on the WikiWikiWeb . . .

EGreg

December 31, 2000, 02:32 PM

YEAH!!!! 284th post!!!!! Or is it 235th?

Anyway,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :-)

Stefan Karlsson

January 04, 2001, 12:20 AM

damn people are stupid

TheDeathLord

January 04, 2001, 09:37 PM

gotta agree with that last statement, heh good thing this site cookies your login information or I woulda forgotten mine already =]

Hannu K.

April 07, 2001, 05:00 PM

LAST POST!!!!

mooznach

November 23, 2001, 07:50 AM

nope. I win.

First Previous ( To view more messages, select a page: 3 4 5 6 7 ... out of 7) Next Last