Submitted by Klaudius, posted on August 23, 2000

Image Description, by Klaudius

This simple mesh was done by bozo (the klaudius brother) and we make this woman run with only cycling sinus based function (No motion capture).

Alex J. Champandard

August 23, 2000, 04:48 AM

Hey,

I have to say that's absolutely amazing stuff. I'm really curious how you managed to chose the parameters for your sine functions. Do you have an editor or something? And more to the point, how many hours did you save by not having to use Character studio ;)

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Alex

RegentZ

August 23, 2000, 05:58 AM

Hi,

It look's very good from the pic. I also first used simple sin functions on my character animations (This involved a _lot_ of trial and error to get something that looked normal :). But I'm now using splines for movement because they allow finner control and are easier for movement in more than 2 axis'.

- Des

RyseFtk

August 23, 2000, 06:38 AM

Yep, nice model! Say, is the "police" tag flipped ?

You should try keyframed motion (Splines), usually easier to edit.

Max

August 23, 2000, 07:56 AM

Interesting police uniform...

Max

Willem

August 23, 2000, 08:41 AM

I dig that chick

NatureMan

August 23, 2000, 09:52 AM

yes, it looks to me too like the "POLICE" tag is flipped, maybe they're going for that rear-view look that police cars have and mirrored it the wrong way... :-)

any how I agree, does that top come off....?

hehe everything is armoured EXCEPT her upper body (unless she has steel belted breasts?)

crum

August 23, 2000, 04:23 PM

Yeah, the shoulder pads don't help much if you're not wearing a
shirt.

Eugene Chabot

August 23, 2000, 06:16 PM

Where can I find info on this type of animation? I haven't been able to find any good info on skeletal animation or anything at all. Thanks.. Nice work BTW.

-------------------------------

The word "finished" is the least used term in my vocabulary. While I'm working on implementing code and fixing bugs, Microsoft is working on creating some with the next release of Windows.

Kain_3

August 23, 2000, 10:08 PM

Hey,

Might wanna check www.darwin3d.com for character animation stuff.

Kain_3

klaudius

August 27, 2000, 05:58 PM

I love chick too. specially these sort of