Submitted by John Mustance, posted on July 14, 2000

Image Description, by John Mustance

this is a 3d engine that me and my friend we are making for a 3d game we make or own 3d editor to make everything tereain put objects lightmaps etc.we have full support export for 3dmax maya and softimage to import it in our game engine i really want to have some feedbacks back from you i really want to know what you think thanks to all.

Uthman

July 14, 2000, 02:27 AM

Nice water! I think there is a reflection, but I can't tell.. if their isn't, it would be cool to have a littl bit reflective water. I like the fog!

Johan Glysing

July 14, 2000, 02:35 AM

I agree about the water. It looks tropical and reflective.
The fog adds lots of atmosphere and feeling to the whole scene.

nice.

Willem

July 14, 2000, 05:15 AM

Do you have a running demo of that level? I'd like to see it in action. See if those far away mountains are really part of the geometry or part of the skybox. ;)

zed zeek

July 14, 2000, 09:55 AM

at least theres no dispute about this one its definitly a computer grafix image of a pond with trees. and no u can't have a running demo casue flat polygons don't look that great when the cameras moving :)

Crowe

July 14, 2000, 11:08 AM

He has a demo. being optimized. and other shots I have seen look phenominal as well.

Hope to be using this one myself.

Max

July 14, 2000, 12:27 PM

Did you post a screen shot of the editor a while back? Looks fantastic by the way.

Max

Max

July 14, 2000, 12:29 PM

Nevermind, this is the image I was thinking of which I guess was submitted by someone different.

Max

scar3crow

July 14, 2000, 02:15 PM

It looks nice.The water looks pretty cool. The setting has a 'Lion King' feel to it, at least to me. Nice and atmospheric. Now release that engine. And brush up on your english a lil =)
Keep up the nice work.

Michael Kurth

July 14, 2000, 04:54 PM

I like it. Looks a bit like Dagoth Moore, or whatever that demo is that comes with the GeForce. Kinda cartoony, very sureal, not at all an "attempt" to look real. One of my favorite things in art is good use of soft colors and good color contrasts.

morgan

July 14, 2000, 11:26 PM

Very nice. Ground and fog look particularly good. For scenery, I susupect that if you alpha blend the very edges of leaves to transparent (just one or two pixels, don't overdo it) they will integrate into the scene much better.

-m

g0dfr3y

July 25, 2000, 01:48 AM

I can't say I've ever seen water that colour when there is a sky like that above it.

Might not be a problem though. I've seen this effect in too many engines to be really bothered by it any more.

Oh well

g0dfr3y

Stefan Karlsson

August 11, 2001, 12:59 AM

who cares if it looks real.. it shall look cool .. .ehrm.. i dunno if i can say this do tho.. ;)