Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / Radiosity Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

Carl "5Horse"

July 12, 1999, 01:19 PM

I am very interested in writing a radiosity renderer. If you know of some books that would help me please let me know. I have computer graphics principles and practice and that seems like a nice book to go along with a class, but it leaves EVERYTHING unimplemented and is not even focused on implementation so I dont know why he called practice...

Anyway, good books on radiocity that maybe explain the mathematics of the cube thingy would be great. I can figure out quite a bit for myself, but good books always help incredibly.

Thanks a million,

5Horse

Kurt Miller

July 12, 1999, 05:24 PM

Carl "5Horse" wrote:
>>I am very interested in writing a radiosity renderer. If you know of some books
>>that would help me please let me know. I have computer graphics principles and
>>practice and that seems like a nice book to go along with a class, but it leaves
>>EVERYTHING unimplemented and is not even focused on implementation so I dont know

Did you happen to read Paul Nettle's tutorials on radiosity, right here on flipCode?
They should be pretty simple to follow and include some good book references that
you can check out if you need more details.

Links:
Radiosity In English
Radiosity In English II: Form Factor Calculation

Hope that helps...

-kurt

This thread contains 2 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.