Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / For Jacco / All other texture-projecting people Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

Led / L.e.Denninger

June 03, 1999, 08:23 AM

Aloha Jacco! :)

Just wanted to let you know I've got a solution for your warping-textures when you're shadowmapping / projecting textures in general. Take a look at the new reply's in the shadowprojection-topic down this page.

By the way, I've read a doc by you (dunno how old it is though) where you state that per-scanline-mipmapping isn't a good option (for software-renderers).
I've built a per-scanline-mipmapper for my lightwave-engine about 1.5 year ago, and it looks great... Mipmaps were selected by taking the average of du and dv for that scanline.

(Not that anyone does software-rendering anymore nowadays - except a few democode-diehards ;))

Greets,
Lennart

This thread contains 1 message.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.