Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / Anyone know how this is done? Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

Sandy McArthur

April 02, 1999, 02:01 PM

Anyone now how he does his "volumetric raytracing"
http://www.sunweb.ch/custom/numlock/ click on the applet to change modes.
Sandy Mcarthur

Jeroen

April 03, 1999, 04:39 AM

Sandy McArthur wrote:
>>Anyone now how he does his "volumetric raytracing"

No, but I would love to :). That's some awesome piece of code.

Jeroen

Roy "Sagacity" Jacobs

April 17, 1999, 02:12 PM

>>>>Anyone now how he does his "volumetric raytracing"
It's just a standard feedback effect. From the center of the screen, you zoom out and use the destination page as the source page so you'll get a recursive blur. For more info, check out resources like "www.hornet.org" and search for "feedback".

Cheers,
Roy

LKS

May 05, 1999, 04:06 PM

Roy "Sagacity" Jacobs wrote:
>>>>>>Anyone now how he does his "volumetric raytracing"
>>It's just a standard feedback effect. From the center of the screen, you zoom out and use the destination page as the source page so you'll get a recursive blur. For more info, check out resources like "www.hornet.org" and search for "feedback".

Doesn't look like feedback to me...
Looks like a circle of triangles radiating from the center of the image, poking in front of the object at the first opportunity. The nearer the center they become visible the brighter they are.

What I want to know is how do you actually get Java drawing things that fast?? :)

-lks

This thread contains 4 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.