Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / linux doom Account Manager

hiddenbit

November 10, 2012, 06:48 PM

Hello all! First post here.

I'm trying to port the original doom source to a mips device with no X11 server let alone SDL (and no svga either but i guess that would be easier to install). As far as i searched i found that there were a svga port (i found the linxsdoom executable) of the original code but i can not find it's source anywhere. Can any one help me please?

_1dt3k_

November 11, 2012, 10:28 AM

It's all too easy to find. All you needed to do was search for the original source code release of Doom since they never released the DOS version because of issues regarding the sound library. But here's the github page for the official release of the linuxdoom code.

https://github.com/id-Software/DOOM

hiddenbit

November 12, 2012, 04:43 AM

Indeed this is very easy to find but i'm searching for a version which does not use the X11 library but svga (or at least includes an svga driver as an alternative)

Bad Sector

November 12, 2012, 06:23 AM

I think it would be easier to use a SDL Doom port as a base. SDL as been ported to many devices and its API is very straightforward if you want to rip it out and replace it with you own.

This thread contains 4 messages.

If you'd like to post a comment on this discussion thread, please log in or create an account.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.