Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / Linker problems with VC++2003.net and Paul Nettle's mmgr.h Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

bignobody

May 27, 2005, 09:28 AM

Hello,

I just got VC++ 2003.net, and am converting my current project from VC++6.
Everything compiles fine, but when it goes to link there is an "unresolved external symbol" that is coming from mmgr.h:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl m_setOwner(char const *, unsigned int, char const*)

I'm pretty sure I've linked all the libraries I was using before. Has anyone else run into this problem?

-bignobody

gaiaap

May 27, 2005, 10:43 AM

Have you added mmgr.cpp / nommgr.cpp to your project or just copied the files to your source directory and included mmgr.h?

bignobody

May 27, 2005, 11:01 AM

Thanks gaiaap! Once I added it to the project (instead of just including mmgr.h) its working again. ( I also had to change set_new_handler back to std::set_new_handler ). Cheers!

-bignobody

This thread contains 3 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.