Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / MD2 again, Interpolation questions on timing Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

terence tan

May 21, 2005, 12:36 AM

I do understand the need to interpolate between keyframes but my question is more basic then that. It may be MD2 format specific for all I know. My questions the the timing of key frames.

For examples:- a STAND animation consists of 40 keyframes. But what is the timing between keyframes. Is it 1 seconds of animation, so I would have to interpolate in between frames?

so if I am getting 60 FPS, I would have to interpolate 58 frames of animation in between?

juhnu

May 21, 2005, 01:16 AM

You should always interpolate between frames and the speed of animation depends on the framerate artist used. dunno about md2 format, but I guess it must have frames per second told somewhere.

juhani

nih_co

May 21, 2005, 02:11 AM

I'm not sure about md2 but in md3 format the frame numbers and framerate for each animation was stored in a text file specific to a certain model. I believe that most specified 10-15 keyframes per second. In md2 i assume that the number would be close to or lower than 15.

If you cant find the number anywhere just try 10 and work from there.

This thread contains 3 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.