Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / Simple Fullscreen DirectShow question... Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

Kevin Bruner

May 17, 2005, 04:25 PM

I know I'm missing something simple here...

I'd like to use DirectShow to play a simple mpeg video in the game engine. I already have a Direct3D Device, and would like to incorporate the video into the render loop.

I can't seem to find information about how to get the video to decompress to the device back buffer and then page flip. Or to decompress to the front buffer for that matter! I've got the video playing, but it's random if I "catch" the video in the correct buffer when I start playing.

I've tried the Basic Video playback and a WindowlessVMR so far. I could render to a texture then blit it to the back buffer surface, but there seems like there should be a more straight forward way.

So what's the simplest way to get DirectShow to use my full screen buffers?

Thanks!
Kevin

Kevin Bruner

May 18, 2005, 12:54 PM

Is anyone using DirectShow?

PixelClear

May 18, 2005, 06:31 PM

I tired once, that was a very unpleasent experience... This day I understood why bink video or Smacker were used by the industry.

I'm sorry that it doesn't help,

Phil

This thread contains 3 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.