Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / Question about the best Graphics Rendering Package Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

phoey

May 12, 2005, 08:43 AM

Hello All,

I have a question about the best Graphics Rendering Package(s) based on the following requirements.

Currently, I am evaluating graphics rendering packages (OpenGL based) including but not limited to VTK and Hoops.

My question is what would be the best package(s) that fit the following criteria (OSS or Commercial)?:

1) Cross-platform Compatibility (Windows/Solaris/Linux)
2) Lines: There must be a way to specify different endcaps such as flat, round, and square.
The package must also be able to create lines with different widths and stipple patterns.
3) Fonts: Render different text fonts with different sizes.
4) Mouse Selection: Click on an object on the screen to reference properties on an object or allow mouse over event where a tooltip appears.
5) Tooltips
6) Filled Geometries: Fill/Unfill specific geometries and specify hatch patterns.
7) 3D support
8) Visibility of Geometries (Where you can hide specific geometries)

Thanks.

This thread contains 1 message.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.