Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / Game Design & Programming / Tile Studio HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!! Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

prafullm2w

May 05, 2005, 06:10 AM

hELLO

I had downloaded the Tilesutdioas will as the mappy to create maps for my game...

Now i started with mappy its simple to use i imported the some png file s& created sample map

Exported as a text file & got a 2D array of the Tile location..

Here pain starts idf the BG is Plain sinfgle tiled then why to use mappy bcoz i can drw it with for loops

now i started using with the TIle Studio but problem is the map export will give me some file without any Extension .... Then How i can use that file & how i can code the same in my J2ME prograam

Is there any readymade help /source code is there so that i can directly specify the mapname & can use it in my code...

but if I export it as a dat file i will need file Reader to read the map

so anybody having any info documents or source code plz can i get then for reference.........

Plz waiting for reply...

BR
Prafulla Chaudhari

Wernaeh

May 05, 2005, 07:09 AM

Hi there.

There is something seriously broken with your computer ^^
It's the spelling checker, I guess. And the capslock key.

Also I don't really understand what your problem is.
Could you perhaps rephrase it a bit?

Do you have problems reading a file? Displaying a tile map?

Cheers,
- Wernaeh

prafullm2w

May 06, 2005, 12:12 AM

hello

Actually problem with it was i created the map in tile studio, thn i exported the map to the desktop. the map file generated has name "File" without extension.

So how i can use such file .....

Then i used "java.tsd" file & generated the code for map by pressing F10 ket given me o/p "level.dat" but now problem was that i need the java source to read dat file....

Plz help how to use dat file in my j2ME code & how i can interpreat this map file in My game........

But previously we used to level development in flash then we take each & every tile's x & y coordinates but its is very lengthy process

BR
PRafulla

This thread contains 3 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.