Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / LNK2005 trouble!? Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

the flix

April 22, 2005, 10:36 AM

fellow coders,

i have a small problem with my libraries: i have a static win32 lib which makes use of stlport 4.6.2 and compiles just fine.

additionally, i have a win32 dll which uses the above mentioned static lib which uses the stlport libs... and generates a fair amount of linker errors (lnk2005: "foo" already defined in "bar").

i know it's because my dll uses std::string in some methods, which is also used by some methods in the static lib and that causes the errors; but when i create a simple win32 app which uses my static lib *and* uses std::string (for example), then the error doesn't occur. what the hell is wrong with my dll's??

btw, i compile everything using the 'multithreaded debug' switch /MTd. i assume there's something up with stlport... but i'm not sure. can anyone help me on this??

thanks,

flix

This thread contains 1 message.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.