Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / Quake 3 BSP Collision detection + ODE (opcode) Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

Vast

April 19, 2005, 10:52 PM

Hey everyone!

I know this might belong to the ODE mailing list, but when i asked there I never recieved an answer.

Anyway, I am trying to implement BSP collision dection using ODE (building a trimesh) but I cant do it. I tried everything, when i send the information (vertices, and indices) I always get incorrect results(by incorrect, I mean not even close to what it should be) I tried all different combinations of vertices, indices, and nothing seems to work.

If anyone has done this, or knows how to do it, could you please point me in the right direction? This should not be that hard... I don't understand why I can't get it.

Thanks you!
Tim

This thread contains 1 message.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.