Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / Xbox2 programming Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

HDTV

April 19, 2005, 08:01 PM

Anyone here know much about programming for the Xbox2 graphics pipeline?

Corre

April 20, 2005, 02:20 AM

Yes probably. But they wouldn't be allowed to share it, so why ask?

Victor Widell

April 20, 2005, 06:10 AM

DirectX?

HDTV

April 21, 2005, 01:49 AM

I was just hoping that maybe an industry veteran with several years experience in the games industry might have been able to take me on a trip down the Xbox2 graphics pipeline. Maybe someone like Nutter could help me out... he's well versed in the PS2 architecture and how to develop for it.

Corre

April 21, 2005, 02:55 AM

But my point is, that at the moment everything to do with the next gen consoles is top secret. Us few that have worked with it are not allowed to tell anyone about any of it, how it works, specs etc. It's not like the Xbox or PS2 where the information about how to program them is pretty much public knowledge by now.

gaiaap

April 21, 2005, 03:04 AM

PS2 architecture? That doesn't bear much resemblance to anything you'd be likely to find in an xbox2.. I suggest looking for information about the XNA framework. If you look around there's plenty of stuff too find, even if it's still a little vague. In fact, MS themselves have got a (small) FAQ online: http://www.microsoft.com/xna/faq.aspx

This thread contains 6 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.