Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / ogl gui lib Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

fruit

April 16, 2005, 07:37 AM

I'd like to find a library that will do user interfaces for an opengl application. By that, I mean it would draw its own version of windows / buttons, etc using opengl commands. Not that it would be that difficult to do, but there has to be a good library out there. I dont even need it to look like any particular OS.

any suggestions?

Wernaeh

April 16, 2005, 07:56 AM

www.fltk.org

Cheers,
- Wernaeh

fruit

April 16, 2005, 08:01 AM

i use fltk at work. It seems to draw using windows system calls / X stuff... I just want a lib that will use opengl so that the gui can be on top of my ogl app and be better integrated.

Lennox

April 16, 2005, 08:47 AM

I see some talk about CrazyEddie's GUI, so i'll point you to it. Never used it though.

http://www.cegui.org.uk/

It is tightly integrated with Ogre3D which is a popuplar game rendering engine.

fruit

April 16, 2005, 10:01 AM

Hmm, looks promising... and looks like it would do what I need. I just wish it wasn't so heavy weight. Oh well, thanks for the link.

Guard][an

April 16, 2005, 10:06 AM

disovered this on a flipcode thread:
http://ricas.sourceforge.net

looks good, sourceforge's site is in construction

publicENEMY

April 19, 2005, 01:30 AM

glui - easiest as hell, have common manipulation tools(arcball or not, etc), eats a lot of resources if not careful

wxwidgets - cross platform, native supports opengl canvas, native look in every platform
fox toolkit - ermmm, good

This thread contains 7 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.