Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / How can i create a Direct3d screen into a panel using Visual C++ .NET? Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

XANGELOS

April 03, 2005, 07:29 PM

Hey Guys!!!

I am newbie with Direct3d and i have a major problem.

I want to create a form which contains a panel and some buttons,a main menu and some other controls.Inside the panel i want to create a direct3d screen.Or in general how can i put into an MS control (button,panel etc.) a direct3d device.

I have ordered two books for dierct3d :
1)Beginning DirectX9, Wendy Jones
2)Introduction in game 3d game programming, Frank D. Luna
But unfortunately they have not arrived yet.

Please help!!!

I'M BRIAN FELLOWS

April 03, 2005, 08:12 PM

WAIT FOR THE BOOKS TO ARRIVE.

Jason Zelsnack

April 03, 2005, 10:18 PM

Here's a C# D3D tutorial:
http://users.pandora.be/riemer/index.html

Here's another:
http://www.drunkenhyena.com/cgi-bin/dx9.pl

Another place to look is in the DXSDKSamples directory.

Here's the constructor for a render device.

Device(System.Int32 adapter,Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.DeviceType deviceType, System.Windows.Forms.Control renderWindow,Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.CreateFlags behaviorFlags,params Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.PresentParameters[] presentationParameters);

If you want to render into a specific panel rather than directly into the form pass in your panel as the renderWindow.

Jason Zelsnack

April 03, 2005, 10:21 PM

Oops, when I saw .NET I was assuming you wanted C#.
The second link I gave has tutorials on C++ also.

This thread contains 4 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.