Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / Texture filtering question (easy) Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

Vast

March 31, 2005, 11:00 PM

Hey, I have a simple question, you might say i am plain stupid, but i can't remember what the texture filter to fix this is...

here is my problem (highlighted in red):
http://www.vaskosoftware.fre3.com/postFlipCode_3,31,05.JPG

P.S.
Im using opengl..

Thanks!
Tim

Rollo

April 01, 2005, 02:02 AM

trilinear filtering? If you are using bilinear at the moment those "edges" looks like they could be the transitions between different levels of mipmaps.

something like this should work if I remember correctly,

2. glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST);
  3. glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST);

Reedbeta

April 01, 2005, 04:49 AM

You mean GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR. And the mag filter can't involve mipmaps, it should be GL_LINEAR.

(LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST is probably what he has it set on now.)

Rollo

April 01, 2005, 08:30 AM

oops, thats what I get for posting before my morning coffee. Thanks for setting it straight.

Vast

April 01, 2005, 01:26 PM

Ok, looks awesome now!
Thanks!

I just couldnt remember what the filters were, and I had all of them set to nearest i think, and nehe's page wouldnt load, and i had given all my books to my friends... lol, thanks.

That's how it looks now =)
http://www.vaskosoftware.fre3.com/postFlipCode_3,31,05_result.JPG

Vast

April 01, 2005, 03:09 PM

WOW THANSK! That looks like quite a reference there! Never knew MSDN has opengl documentation!

Regards,
Tim

Reedbeta

April 01, 2005, 04:45 PM

Wow...what were you using for OpenGL docs before? =D

Yes, all GL 1.1 functions are in the MSDN. No docs on extensions, though.

[-WD40-]

April 01, 2005, 07:00 PM

You can also download the official OpenGL specs from www.opengl.org

Vast

April 03, 2005, 10:42 PM

Thanks!

lol, before i used a couple of tutorials and a notebook (btw, keeping a notebook of records and stuff helps learn a LOT)

This thread contains 10 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.