Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / DirectX and .X Files Development Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

dgreb

March 31, 2005, 10:48 AM

Hi everybody,

The reason for this thread is try to clarify same questions about Directx Development on 3D Games, asking for the briliant minds of this forum some help.

It was never clear to me about the better way of using the models i build on 3D Modelers (3ds Max, Maya, Milkshape), in the aplications i develop on C++. A lot is writen on the net about the .X Files, so, my questions:

Is the .X Files a good choice on Game development? If not, witch one is good and how i work with other format on DirectX?? It's realy necessary to understand those complicated Math??

Sorry for my english, not native.

Thank you very mutch for all help!!

Illco

March 31, 2005, 01:07 PM

It - as usual - depends on what you want to do. If you want to make some demos in which the techniques are important, X-files will be fine. If you want to create a state-of-the-art full-fledged 3D game, they may be fine but you probably want to create your own format anyway. And if you're going to do a full game, in 3D, yes it is necessary to get behind math. But it is not that complicated...

This thread contains 2 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.