Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / ARB vertex program - generating texture coords Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

qesbit

March 20, 2005, 10:42 AM

Can someone give me an idea how this is done?

I need to gen coords for environment and cube maps. I read through the ARB document a dozen times and I haven't figured it out yet.

Rollo

March 20, 2005, 02:38 PM

I havent really got much experience with assembler shaders, but I'd guess you just create them as varying variables and send them to the fragment shader. There are examples of generating different kinds of texture coordinates in GLSL in 3DLab's ShaderGen tool: http://developer.3dlabs.com/downloads/shadergen/index.htm

even if you are not familiar with GLSL the example shader code should be fairly easy to understand.

qesbit

March 20, 2005, 03:05 PM

Hmm. The information is in the state already, it's just when you do a vertex program you have to do it manually. I haven't figured out how you piece that info togethor to form the output texture coord.

I'd rather not have to do it but I have to with some shaders.

qesbit

March 20, 2005, 03:18 PM

Actually that's cool, I looked at the GLSL code it won't be hard to do it in assembler.

Thanks

This thread contains 4 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.