Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / directshow + d3d Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

jag

March 17, 2005, 11:53 AM

Hey there,

Is there a way to get frame by frame data of a dvd filter graph from directshow? I am rendering my window in d3d and wanted to get access of frames being rendered by directshow which is playing a dvd.

Trip99

March 18, 2005, 05:24 AM

Have a look at the BaseClasses in the samples folder (now in extras). I have used this myself to extract frame data and play it on to a texture in a 3D world.

jag

March 18, 2005, 12:52 PM

yea..

Im trying to use VMR9, I can get access to the textures, that it creates in its own thread but when i apply them, i get all white... It wants to draw at a specific time but I figured i would just save the texture or surface and draw whenever my own drawing thread is ready to draw the dvd texture.

jag

March 20, 2005, 01:17 AM

Trip99 how do you deal with thread synchronization, or do you render to a texture in the filter thread and later display it... That's what i've been trying to do, but I get garbage in between the frames that aren't processed yet by the filter... even using copy swap effect in d3d's present settings.

This thread contains 4 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.