Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / How can I create Interface in program using OpenGL so like using DirectX? Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

cartoonman

March 16, 2005, 10:43 PM

Hi guys,

I want to add some buttons, slide bar, and menu in my OpenGL program to control parameters, the same effect likes code written in DirectX, which is much easy to provide this functions, but I don't know how to achieve using OpenGL or use any alternative method, such as, writing in DirectX and import to OpenGL program (is it a method? I only guess it). Can anybody give me some idea or website for tutorial ? Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Cartoonman

johnhpus

March 17, 2005, 12:37 AM

This isn't exactly what your asking for, but I suggest you check out www.ogre3d.org It has in integrated gui system (CEGUI) and can transparently use either an OpenGL renderer or DX renderer. It's free, open source and cross platform supporting Windows, Mac and Linux.

John

cartoonman

March 17, 2005, 08:03 AM

Is there any other solutions? DirectX looks realy easily achieve it.

Rui Martins

March 17, 2005, 09:37 AM

Google for "+opengl +GUI"

There are quite a few available.

This thread contains 4 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.