Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / My kingdom for a horse! Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

dgreb

March 09, 2005, 01:47 PM

S.O.S.

Anyone know how to export animated meshes from 3DSMAX to DirectX's X file format?

Thanks!

Volgut

March 10, 2005, 05:41 AM

Probably the best idea is to use Panda Exporter. Look at this page:
http://www.andytather.co.uk/Panda/directxmax_downloads.aspx

dgreb

March 11, 2005, 09:02 AM

Think not.

I have tried Panda on 3dsmax6 and it donīt export the animated meshes, (Editable poly animated).

Thanks anyway.

vettinari

March 11, 2005, 12:26 PM

It does work for me. I have made cylinder and convert it to editable poly. Animation is simple translation and it works. What exactly are you doing?

Erik Faye-Lund

March 14, 2005, 03:28 AM

vettinari: i don't think thats what he mean by mesh-animation. a mesh animation would in most cases mean a mesh that deform in some way.

treething

March 14, 2005, 08:40 AM

I dont think the .x format even supports that kind of animation.

dgreb

March 14, 2005, 09:10 AM

Hey Erik Faye-Lund, you are right! that's what I mean! Just like if we want to animate a shirt, for example, and Treething, I read somewere in this forum that this is possible, here's the link:

http://www.flipcode.org/cgi-bin/fcmsg.cgi?thread_show=7191

If it's realy not possible, so I should find another way of doing things.
Don't know for shure!

Thanks to all!

Erik Faye-Lund

March 14, 2005, 10:31 AM

i guess the easiest way of doing cloth animation would be using mesh-morphing. i don't use the .x format, so i'm not sure weither it supports morphtargets or not...

This thread contains 8 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.