Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / How do I output a triangle-strip from an ordered list of triangles? Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

David Llewellyn

March 09, 2005, 11:23 AM

Ive generated a face list of connected triangles. The face list is a list of integers which I will use to access a face-vertex array which contains an index for vertice1, vertice2 and vertice3 of a triangle. These vertices are specified in a ccw (counter-clock wise) direction.
The face list itself is in the order the faces must be traversed.
I want to use this list to output vertices in the correct order to be used in an OpenGL program. The vertices will be used in GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP rendering mode. So I need to specify 3 vertices for the first triangle and one vertice for every next triangle.
Do I have to test to see which vertice indexes are shared amongst faces in the face-vertex array? or is there a better way to do this utilising the counter-clockwise ordering of the face vertices?

If you know the answer, or a resource which has the answer,
I'd appreciate the info!
cheers :)

This thread contains 1 message.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.