Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / 3ds Max plus Animation plus X files (the novel) Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

dgreb

March 08, 2005, 02:43 PM

First of all, and you must hear it a lot, I'm a newbie on the matter, so let me be the most detailed as possible.

I'm for exaustive hours trying go trought a step on my bushed way for the glory of game programming, and this one I think cant't cross all alone.

My goal is to design a character on 3ds Max 6 and export it to the DirectX format (X File) and go on with my C++ travel. So I've made my model and animated it.

In the modeling process I used some old friend tricks, but one it's the center of this plea, the "Editable Poly".

I have converted my model and, just for instinct, animated moving, rotating and scaling the vertices, faces and borders. So I try to export it with Panda Exporter and what?

ALL STATIC!! =0

Please, I beg that you people use a bit of your tremendous knowledge to help me with the folowing question:

How can I export my hours and hours modeling to an X File an see its briliant movements jumping at the screen??

Thanks to all and forgive my english, itīs not my native language.

Danilo Greb.

This thread contains 1 message.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.