Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / 3D Theory & Graphics / Removing perspective effect from a bitmap image Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

jtullos2005

March 05, 2005, 06:57 PM

Hi,

I am having a problem with removal of perspective effect from a 512x512 bitmap image. I am working on a paper that converts screen coordinates to coordinates in x,y,z plane (z=0 for the remapped image). i get the coordinates of this remapped image spaced very widely. How do I get a 512x512 remapped image. Anyone knows some C++ code to do this plz help. Thanks!!

Vander Nunes

March 05, 2005, 08:35 PM

Could you show an example of the bitmap you want to process, to start with?

Shawn Swift

March 10, 2005, 02:04 AM

Look here:
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~ph/

Go to the texture mapping section, and look at "fundamentals of image mapping and texture warping".

Also, if your output points are merely spaced far apart, can't you just calculate the distance between the leftmost and rightmost points and divide all the points by that amount to scale it horizontally?

jtullos2005

March 14, 2005, 10:45 AM

In this link http://vislab.ce.unipr.it/GOLD/ as you scroll down you'll see an image with the heading "the acquired image" and besides it "the remapped image". The remapped image is obtained after removing the perspective effect.
But the remapped image obtained is very different.

Thanks,

Jason

Rui Martins

March 15, 2005, 09:42 AM

Why don't you read the papers where they explain the algos used ?

Check the Links in the references section at the bottom.

Did you also notice this:

In fact the remapped image represents a bird's eye view of the road surface, ...

Not exactly the Inverse Perspective Mapping!

This thread contains 5 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.