Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / fopen (FILE*) Problem under Linux Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

psyborg

March 05, 2005, 06:32 AM

Hallo!

Can anybody help me with my problem. If i'm open a file in binary or in text mode and read data from it then I have on some files parallel to reading an output to the console. I'm working under Linux and I already tried the code on other Linux PC's with other distributions and other compilers (g++-3.3, g++-3.0). But the problem is still there. I cannot give your a code because the code a little bit big. But I use it like so:
FILE* f = fopen (filename, ..)

Then for example do some read operation or let jpeglib.h read the file

fclose(f).

And in between this reading I have console output. I can guarantee to 100% that in between there is no explicit operation doing output to console. I think fread, getline, getdelim, fscanf do this. The output on the console is a newline operator (n) that means I have a lot of empty lines on console by reading the file. The strange thing is that on some files there is no output, on other files there is only one line output and on other files there is a lot of outputs.
What can it be?

P.S. Sorry for bad english.

Nico

March 05, 2005, 01:11 PM

Try to create a minimal self-contained test case and post it here, then more people will be able to help you.

This thread contains 2 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.