Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / grid Searching multiple levels Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

vishwesh

February 28, 2005, 03:58 AM

Hello all,

I am currently performing a 2D grid search with different point distances. i.e. my first grid of points would be some "x" distance apart while the next iteration will have "x/2" and so on till some threshold value.
What I would like to do is to prevent the same points from the previous level. I am trying to develop a memoryless approach where in I could get away with storing just the nearest point from the previous level and using this as a means of skipping the points
Could u pls help me with some form of pseudo code that I can implement

Thanks in advance
vish

Rui Martins

February 28, 2005, 09:15 AM

You are joking right ? 8)

State your problem correctly and you may get some tips & comments on how to go about it, but don't ever ask for someone to do the work for you. Besides you won't learn anything from it.
You have a problem to solve, and a receipt that someone might "give" you won't help you in any way.
Try to structure the problem yourself first, once you did that, the solution becomes a lot more clear.

And work is not just programming, using the little gray cells is also work.

This thread contains 2 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.