Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / Game Design & Programming / OpenGL/SDL & GUI Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

Marmakoide

February 22, 2005, 12:23 PM

Hello everybody

I'am working on a simulation tool in C++, for an AI experiment (A bot controler in an interactive 3D environnement). It must work under Unix or Windows, so I use SDL and OpenGL for the graphics stuffs.
I need a graphical interface : buttons, menus, switches. I'am searching a GUI library, with some constraints :
- Portable
- Not a monster, just a .dll/.so and the interface headers
- I have 2 weeks, not 2 months to learn it and use it
- I'am very familiar with Swing
- I like the 2 colors GUIs, if they work well

So suggestions ?

Jetro Lauha

February 24, 2005, 04:11 AM

Just recently I mentioned my little GUI thing in another thread about widget libraries:
http://www.flipcode.com/cgi-bin/fcmsg.cgi?thread_show=25102#p200535

It's still in quite early stages of development, and probably isn't exactly enough for your needs (e.g. there's no dropdown menus). However, it should be quick and easy to set up and start using if a few buttons/labels/checkboxes and sliders are enough for you. Feel free to mail me if you have questions, or if you decide to try it out and have any problems.

Marmakoide

February 24, 2005, 11:46 AM

Thank you !!! On your site, I find a link to the ClanLib (And nice demos :) ), it seems to be pretty : 2D, 3D and a teamable GUI, quality, portable, all in C++. All in one, the real dream !

Jetro Lauha

February 25, 2005, 03:08 AM

Haven't really looked into ClanLib myself for some years now, but I'm glad I seemed to be accidentally helpful anyway through my link list.. :)

This thread contains 4 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.