Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / Porting original digger to Palm (?) Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

Vast

February 21, 2005, 09:04 PM

Hey guys. I am sure that thousands of you played Digger (for dos), and what I want to do, is port it to my Palm.

I never Ever EVER ported/tried porting software to any device, I usually "attempt" (lol) to code for PC.

Anyway, old digger's source consists of some assembly code as well as mostly C. If anyone could point me to a right direction on how i could do it, i would really appreciate it!

It would be a great learning experience in my case, but if you know that someone did a free port of that awesome game, please tell me, It would make me really happy playing that game (and my parents too, since they "dig" it! - get it? dig-it? digger? lol, i suck)

Anyway,
Thanks a lot.
Tim

I'M BRIAN FELLOWS

February 21, 2005, 11:52 PM

START FROM SCRATCH.

Vast

February 22, 2005, 01:11 AM

If i could/wanted, I wouldnt post here about porting, brian.

Jari Komppa

February 22, 2005, 01:24 AM

Starting from scratch in this case would probably be easier than 'porting' the game.

Vast

February 22, 2005, 01:30 AM

But isn't porting all about changing the existing code? Thanks, at least it's more detailed explanation than Brians... lol, but im used to it. sort of.

Tim

Corre

February 22, 2005, 02:15 AM

I don't think digger is written with porting in mind, and for old projects not written with porting in mind, it is usually easier to start from scratch.

I'd take BRIANs advice

grusbanan

February 22, 2005, 02:39 AM

wouldn't this run on the palm?

http://www.digger.org/java.html

use google god damn it.

Vast

February 22, 2005, 01:39 PM

Does palm os run java vm?

Tim

This thread contains 8 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.