Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / Game Design & Programming / [WANTED] coders for game project Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

warcaptain

January 13, 2005, 11:12 PM

I'm looking for coders to join up with my partner and I on a online massively multiplayer game project.

we're well into things now. we've been pretty much operating under one coder (my partner) but now we are seeking out a new coder (or a few new coders) to join our team to speed things up a bit.

Some technical information about our game:
The scripting engine will be done with Flex/Bison (the lexer/parse part at leaat)
we are using SDL for graphics
and wxWidgets for GUI (for multiplatform)

We are a freelance project now, though. so know that.

if you are interested, you can contact me on aim:
roxxmyboxx
or email: orrd@vcu.edu

we have a website, but im switching registrars now so its down. (sorry)

Corre

January 14, 2005, 04:23 AM

warcaptain wrote: we have a website, but im switching registrars now so its down. (sorry)

Why is it that almost everyone that is looking for team members nowadays come up with the lame excuse that "i'm switching host" or whatever... If you don't have a website right now, then DON'T POST UNTIL YOU DO.

warcaptain

January 14, 2005, 02:16 PM

I have a website. But it's down now. It's not a lame excuse? If you want to see for yourself goto www.whois.org and lookup enigma-online.net

I canceled it Dec. 18th and theres a 30 day 'grace' period.

And most people ask, "do you have a website with more information?" so I answered the question ahead of time. What's wrong with that.

timm

January 14, 2005, 03:51 PM

What's wrong is that it's disingenuous (if not dishonest) to say you have a website when it cannot be accessed by anyone but yourself. The fact that you have a domain name registered does not prove that you have a website either.
Also, if your website is devoid of useful information about the current progress of the project, it is useless.

warcaptain

January 14, 2005, 04:57 PM

where are you getting that my website is any of this?

im merely saying that i DO have one.. but i wont be able to put it back up for another week. i've never met a group of pessimistic individuals before in my life.

Reedbeta

January 15, 2005, 01:23 AM

You've got to understand that this forum gets posts like yours all the time. Everyone and his dog wants coders to help with their freelance MMORPG project, and none of them has a publicly accessible website, either. And 99% of the time their projects never come to anything. So forgive us if we don't fall over each other in haste to join your team, but we currently have no reason to believe you are any different from these other newbs.

Jari Komppa

January 15, 2005, 03:41 AM

I wonder if it would be a lot of overhead to add code to this board that checks whether, within the first 5 posts a person makes, the message has the keyword "mmorpg" or "unpaid" or some such, and then, instead of posting the message, would give a nice, informative page which explains what you just said, with several links to helpful mmorpg articles (like the ones I posted). =)

BigPaper

February 06, 2005, 07:08 PM

LOL man. I can tell you are never gonna get done. 6 months you won't even have a demo.

This thread contains 9 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.