Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / Game Design & Programming / DirectX 9.0c and MSVC++ 2005 Express Beta Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

maddmatt

January 05, 2005, 12:52 PM

Hopefully this isn't redundant...

Has anyone had any troubles with Direct3D 9.0c (retail/debug) and using the MSVC beta? More specifically, I keep getting errors concerning the release of my vertex buffers. I've been programming DX for a few years now, surely not a vet, but not a newby either. My biggest concern is the fact that the code runs smooth right before I go to sleep. When I wake up, hit the F5 key again and I have, what seems to be, memory leaks. Restart the computer. Clean the solution, rebuild. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Has anyone else had these troubles at all? I know MSVC is a beta and I've already noticed many errors, so maybe I just need to go out and buy 2003 .NET student edition again (my old CD broke :( )?

Chris

January 05, 2005, 01:02 PM

Bear with it some months until 2005 .NET comes out, it is rumored that the smallest version will be pretty affordable.

This thread contains 2 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.