Not logged in, Join Here! or Log In Below:  

News Articles Search    

Home / General Programming / DVD Player with OSD Account Manager

Archive Notice: This thread is old and no longer active. It is here for reference purposes. This thread was created on an older version of the flipcode forums, before the site closed in 2005. Please keep that in mind as you view this thread, as many of the topics and opinions may be outdated.

VMailTK

November 30, 2004, 05:34 AM

hi, I am trying to create a DVD Player software that can display text and images on top of the video, I know that there are examples in DX9 SDK, but I have a XCard which only supports MPEG1, MPEG2 and MPEG4. so the example is displayed on the Monitor and not the TV (I need it to work on the TV)

I have the following langauges c#, c++ and VB

VMailTK

November 30, 2004, 09:22 AM

does anyone know how to make MPEG1, MPEG2 or MPEG4 "on-the-fly"?

I'M BRIAN FELLOWS

November 30, 2004, 11:56 AM

DIRECTSHOW.

VMailTK

December 01, 2004, 02:41 AM

I have being using DShow, but cant create MPEG1, MPEG2 or MPEG4 on-the-fly

Jeroen

December 01, 2004, 03:42 AM

The XCard is not DX compatible, nor does Sigma Designs provide an SDK to make your own applications with the XCard. You will not be able to work with the XCard through DX or DirectShow.

The only software available that shows an OSD on TV using the XCard (apart from the original Sigma Designs software, which sucks) is TVedia, formerly known as JovePlayer. TVedia is a full-blown HTPC solution. Check out their website:

http://www.8dim.com

If you ask them, they may be willing to provide some information on how to approach this problem.

Jeroen

VMailTK

January 31, 2005, 05:23 AM

not I have managed to play an MPEG4 file directly on the TV, I need to find a way to change the brightness on-the-fly without having to reload the video, also the seek function will not work on the TV, but it does on the monitor

VMailTK

January 31, 2005, 09:26 AM

is there a way to change the properties of a filter programatically, in graphedit you can right-click a filter and change the properties

VMailTK

January 31, 2005, 10:24 AM

I have just figured out how to get the property page up, and now I can change the setting on the fly, but I want to beable to change the setting without using a property window

ReaperUnreal

January 31, 2005, 10:25 AM

You could always write your own filter, and make it a subclass of the filter you want to change. That's how I'm making my cfl loader for DShow. Check the DX SDK for details on how to do that. Plus there's a few tutorials on the net. Just google to find out.

VMailTK

February 08, 2005, 08:47 AM

the method that I found on the net only allow me to control the filter by manually using the mouse and keyboard, I want to change the setting by code

VMailTK

February 10, 2005, 08:57 AM

UPDATE: I can now move the sliders on the property page via code, but it does not update the xcard

This thread contains 11 messages.

Hosting by Solid Eight Studios, maker of PhotoTangler Collage Maker.